Sign in to follow this  
jt8d9a

Unofficial XP11.10+ upgrade to Carenado C152II v3.2 by Nhadrian 2.0

My first post may have led to members thinking I was after the original payware version for nothing.  I wasn't.  I posted this before I had realised that was the case.  I'm off to buy the original now as I can't find an order for it at any of my FS Shops, so how did I install the original Nhidrain mod.  Was it required then?

Edited by Dean_EGTC
misunderstanding

Hi Dean,

you need the original plane (V3.2). It was always necessary because the Nhadrian-installer is patching the original version. Simply download the original from your store account.

Hi Nils,

That's just it. I had the first version running just great so I must have installed the original.  Do you think I can locate it...heck no.  Checked Carenado, XPlane.org and my JF Accounts.  Nothing.  I can't think of where else I might have got it.  

Anyway, I got side tracked and bought the new Just Flight 152.  One quick flight and she seems very nice.

Does it have rain effects on the windshield?

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Thanks, I saw it earlier and am really looking forward to the next update.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

That's a lot of rain - never seen a windshield obscured so much.  The sound of thunder suggests this may not be the day - interesting that the movement areas appear dry.

Nice to see this.  Carenado's Cessna 152 is one of my favorite planes to fly in X-Plane, and it bugs me that Carenado never bothered to upgrade it.

Always happy to see a free solution, although I wish the fellow didn't depend on a Windows executable for delivery.  Forcing us Linux users to jump through hoops to install it is a bit of an annoyance.

V5.0 looks great! Am excited to try it out.

Speaking of annoyances, went to download the latest version on .org and it's in three parts.  Clicking on 'download' takes you to Google Drive which my IDM doesn't recognize and I don't know how to fix it.

I installed it in Linux, but sitting in the cockpit tanked my performance.  I was down in the 15FPS range whereas the external view I would hover around 40, so definitely something odd going on.  I loaded up Carenado's stock bird, and everything ran fine.  Not sure what the problem is.