Sign in to follow this  
flyblueskies

Issues with Milviz 310R Redux and GTN 750 with latest update installation

I've posted this in the Milviz support forum as well...

I'm really enjoying the Milviz 310R Redux! Between the sounds and the new textures, I can't decide which I like more. I find myself flying this plane all of the time in P3DV4.2.

After the latest update, which I installed via 310R Redux Installer v3.180403.exe, I noticed I had difficulty with the GTN 750. Sometimes I would get a 'clunking sound' when clicking on the buttons, and sometimes I click the buttons and nothing would happen. The GTN 750 was very slow...

The GTN 650 had no problems at all. What I finally figured out is this:

1. I start P3DV4.2.
2. I choose the Milviz 310R Redux from the Scenerio screen.
3. The Miliviz is set to start COLD AND DARK.
4. While looking at the TASK MANAGER, I notice that when the Milviz 310R Redux finally shows up as COLD AND DARK, I see (1) GTN Simulator.exe start up.
5. When I start the Milviz and toggle AVIONICS, I see (2) two more GTN Simulator.exe for a total of (3) in the Task Manager.
6. Now, the GTN 750 has the clunking button issue, sometimes non-responding button clicks, and is very slow.

If I turn OFF the avionics and KILL all (3) three GTN Simulator.exe's in the TASK MANAGER, I can restart them (turn on Avionics) and now, only (2) two GTN Simulator.exe's show up. Now both GTN's run OK....no problems.

So, for some reason, when starting with the Milviz COLD AND DARK, (1) one GTN Simulator.exe always starts and is shown in the TASK MANAGER.

This DOES NOT OCCUR if I start with another plane and then switch to the Miliviz 310R Redux.

I thought I would pass this on in hopes you may find a solution for me.

Thank you,

Jeff

• Upvote 1

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Is it with all GTN 750 panel configurations or only a specific one such as GTN750/GNS430.  Are you using the WX radar with it also or not. 

Slayer,

It's with the combo 750/650/WX Radar...

The work around allows me to run OK, but the real question is why does the GTN Simulator.exe start up automatically with a COLD and DARK setup?

I posted on the Milviz support forum, hopefully Bill can find some possible solutions.

I might add, this only started happening after the latest update. The previous two installations (original and the first update) did not have this problem.

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

We're aware of the bug and are working to fix it.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Thanks!

I'm really enjoying this plane. I like the old school autopilot, the modeled lean tool, all of it. I really enjoy thinking about the next step and adjusting to get the best out of the plane.

You guys did a really nice job modeling this plane!

My hat's off to you!

I’ve had this problem. The clunking to me is indicative of overloaded processor or cores. Probably best to run the 750/430 combination for now and check which cores GTN is using. 

I reinstalled GTN and think performance increased. 

As you say a really nice aircraft at least since SP2 problems are rapidly being eliminated. 

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Dean,

Thank you...already found a solution to the problem.

If you reread my post, you'll see the solution for now...

Basically there are three instances of  the GTN Simulator.exe running when there should only be two...

Turn off the avionics, kill the three instances via Task Manager, and restart your avionics.

You're good to go after that.

Edited by flyblueskies
  • Upvote 1