Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Help I've got blue nav lights

Some addon must have overwrote my stock lights...  does anyone else see this?  Basically the red NAV light works, but the green is this blue sparkle and the white tail nav is the blue as well.\

41244442812_d996205243_o.jpggreen_white nav light by ryan b, on Flickr

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Is this happening to all your AI models or only this airplane that you are trying to fly?

If it is only this airplane then your issue must be related to only an update that happened to this plane recently.

It is important you tell me more information before suggesting a fix since depending of the symptoms there will be different solutions.

Regards 

Simbol 

I have the same problem with the taxi lights and tail nav light. It happens to any the aircraft that I fly. These lights are blue. Any idea if its wrong or default P3D setting?

Edited by Daedalus

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

1 hour ago, Daedalus said:

I have the same problem with the taxi lights and tail nav light. It happens to any the aircraft that I fly. These lights are blue. Any idea if its wrong or default P3D setting?

Sounds like something changed your textures.

Do you have any add-on like Eventex or rex textures or similar?

Simbol 

15 minutes ago, simbol said:

Sounds like something changed your textures.

Do you have any add-on like Eventex or rex textures or similar?

Simbol 

Thank you very much Simbol for your kind reply. I have both Envtex and Rex Sky Force. You suggest they could have changed my default aircraft taxi/tail nav lights? However looking now at their settings I see that they don't change the lights. The only app that I am aware could change lights is the ORBX lights configurator, but this should change only the scenery lights (?).

Edited by Daedalus

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |

Some add-on could have changed textures that are used by the lights effects (fx.bmp or fx_2.bmp) I don't fully remember the name from top of my head and I am not near my PC as I am out with my daughter.

Another possibility is shaders being modified by an addon, in any case a content repair with a shader clean should revert that back to normal.

Regards 

Simbol 

Thank you again very much Simbol for taking your time to help : ) I will do that. Do you think if I do a content repair I can experience any kind of other problems with my add-ons?

6 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

Thank you again very much Simbol for taking your time to help : ) I will do that. Do you think if I do a content repair I can experience any kind of other problems with my add-ons?

I don't think so, only run the ORBX FTX central after you are done and you should be fine.

Simbol