Sign in to follow this  
Premier

PMDG OC not updating PMDG 737NGX to V4 [Solved: Base Version too Old]

Hello there. I have just rebuilt my PC with Windows 10 and P3Dv4.2. Have installed and activated my 737NGX and downloaded the latest version of OC. Each time I start OC, it tells me I have an update to P3D V4. I click install, but it dosnt seem to install as next time I open OC, the new message is there again.

Thanks  Chris

Edited by Premier
Speeeling

33 minutes ago, Premier said:

Hello there. I have just rebuilt my PC with Windows 10 and P3Dv4.2. Have installed and activated my 737NGX and downloaded the latest version of OC. Each time I start OC, it tells me I have an update to P3D V4. I click install, but it dosnt seem to install as next time I open OC, the new message is there again.

Thanks  Chris

Please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name, first and last, in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

1 hour ago, Premier said:

Thanks  Chris

what   does  the update  tell you  to  do, uninstall  the previous  version  and  download    the  latest  version  from  your  account?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi there. It just says new update available for PMDG 737NGX -P3Dv4 Do you wish to download it? It appears that my aircraft has been updated , but when I start up OC again (with No aircraft selected) says I have one new update avail for the PMDG 737NGX

2 hours ago, Premier said:

Hi there. It just says new update available for PMDG 737NGX -P3Dv4 Do you wish to download it? It appears that my aircraft has been updated , but when I start up OC again (with No aircraft selected) says I have one new update avail for the PMDG 737NGX

It sounds like you have an old base installed and you can't update with the OC. You need to download the latest installer from your account uninstall the current one and install with the new installer.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks Chaps, yes I did have a base installer stored on my drive for the 737NGXv3 and used that. I have since downloaded the latest installer, uninstalled the old 737 and reinstalled the lastest version and all is well. Thanks so much for your help! Cheers  Chris