Sign in to follow this  
ozanakdag70

[HELP] FSX-SE Stuttering every few seconds

Hello.

I have had this issue ever since i reinstalled FSX. Basically, i get a small 1 second stutter every 2-3 seconds, no matter where i am flying. This tends to happen in all aircraft, even default. I do have FSUIPC autosave on, and i do get a quite big stutter when it autosaves, but it autosaves only every 10 minutes, not 2-3 seconds. Other than that, i don't know if this is relevant, but i do use projectFly to track my flights, and i also run FSrealWX as my weather engine. I am running this on my laptop, and i have been told that i get this issue due to my specs, but i thought i'd still give it a shot. 

Windows 10

NVIDIA Geforce 945M

Intel Core i5-6200U 2.3 GHz

16 GB DDR4 RAM

2000 GB HDD

I can post my FSX.cfg and Nvidia Inspector settings if needed.

Thanks in advance.

Update: I stopped a program running in the background, and it seems to have fixed the problem. And i also cannot seem to find a delete post to delete this post.

35 minutes ago, ozanakdag70 said:

Update: I stopped a program running in the background, and it seems to have fixed the problem. And i also cannot seem to find a delete post to delete this post.

No need to delete your post/thread.  It may be of some help to other folks.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Isn't it nice when you solve the problem quickly without have to reinstall everything :) 

For anyone who has this issue, i solved it by stopping "Background Agent" in the Task Manager, i hope this will help others.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you for posting exactly what you did to fix your problem.  I've seen plenty of posts that ended with "I fixed it", then no details on how it was fixed.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

12 minutes ago, stans said:

Thank you for posting exactly what you did to fix your problem.  I've seen plenty of posts that ended with "I fixed it", then no details on how it was fixed.

Indeed.

Thanks for sharing your fix, ozanakdag70.