Sign in to follow this  
Michele Giannelli

Flight Plan import

AND, I had read page 9.

I have version 6.41.1 TRNG (see immage below). I unpacked file "flightplans.zip" in "C:\ProgramData\Garmin\GTN Trainer Data\GTN\FPLN" too.. for my safety.. but not necessary

So.. I surrender..

If I can solve the problem, I'm happy to use RXP 750 GTN. Otherwise, unfortunately, I will ask for a refund (noooo.. please!).

Imm4.png

Try renaming your flight planes with an ‘a_’ in front.  I recently purchased and the import function also didn’t work. The plans never appeared, and therefore neither did import button.  Another user reported it appeared to be only able to read files starting with certain letters.  He seemed content with the workaround so not sure this was ever ironed out.  Worth a try.

I tried to rename to a_KSLE_KSLE.gfp... But do not work...

In directories "C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\GTN\FPLN" AND "G:\AddOns\Acquisti\RealityXP\Garmin\Trainers\GTN\FPLN" there are :biggrin::

• a_KSLE_KSLE.gfp
  • a_user.wpt
  • KSLE_KSLE.gfp
  • user.wpt

KSLE_KSLE.gfp contain:

FPN/RI:F:KSLE:F:N45223W121419:F:N42568W122067:AA:KSLE:AP:I31.JAIME

user.wpt contain:

FISH01,STATELAKE,39.1353,-95.1388
FISH02,EASTPERRYLAKE,39.1502,-95.3924
FISH03,WESTPERRYLAKE,39.1502,-95.4515
FISH04,CLINTONLAKE,38.922,-95.4081
DUCK01,NWPERRY,39.2825,-95.4984
DUCK02,WINCHESTER,39.3016,-95.3208

The only solution = the RXP-750-GTN's programmers -> fix the error ?!!!
I know I'm not only one with this problem.

I ask an answer from the programmers to know what users should do. PLEASE !

If programmers ask to me to connect with TeamViewer, I'm here. 

I have SOLVED: the path in which I have to insert FlightPlan is:

G:\AddOns\Purchases\RealityXP\Garmin\Data\GTN\FPLN     !!

This directory did not exist, so I created and now I see FlightPlans!

However, the programmers must fix the installation system in some way... It is not possible to let users think about how to solve the problem!

1 hour ago, Michele Giannelli said:

However, the programmers must fix the installation system in some way... It is not possible to let users think about how to solve the problem!

From what I am familiar with the only part of that path you had to create is the final folder "........\FPLAN".  Is that correct?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

From what I am familiar with the only part of that path you had to create is the final folder "........\FPLAN".  Is that correct?

Yes. I had to create FPLN manually.

Where did the rest of the path come from? 

"G:\AddOns\Purchases\...."

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Sorry my bad english. OK?

When installing RealityXP, I indicated the path of the HD where I keep the simulator (the possibility is given by the installer).
Regedit can confirm my choice .. (see my first image).

What I say, is that if you leave the possibility to the user to install RealityXP in a non-default location, the installer either remembers that the user has changed the directory, or leave a fragment in the menu to help you 'final user".

A friend of mine asked for a refund after a week ..
I was tempted to say that the product does not work to.. instead it was an "error" (but not an error) of mine. And I would like future users to have a facilitated road. Help and facilitate everyone ..! Am I wrong?

40 minutes ago, Michele Giannelli said:

What I say, is that if you leave the possibility to the user to install RealityXP in a non-default location, the installer either remembers that the user has changed the directory, or leave a fragment in the menu to help you 'final user".

So do you not understand that the installation ran for RXP, and then the Garmin Trainer installation ran. The Garmin Trainer is from Garmin, not from RXP.  It is a separate installation not controlled by RXP.  The reason you had difficulty finding the file location was because you chose a custom file location for the Garmin Trainer, and then failed to consider that when seeking the appropriate location to create the FPLN folder.  RXP provides information on the location of the default Garmin location.

• Like 2

Frank Patton
ASUS 

22 minutes ago, fppilot said:

So do you not understand that the installation ran for RXP, and then the Garmin Trainer installation ran. The Garmin Trainer is from Garmin, not from RXP.  It is a separate installation not controlled by RXP. 

There was a trick :blink:! Oh my...

Now I understand! :biggrin: Luckily exist the forum .. and we can understand more and more!