Sign in to follow this  
Michele Giannelli

Flight Plan import

Hi,

Thank you Frank for the assistance with this.

Now the question I have is this:

1) You have opt-in a different folder than the default when installing the Trainer. The trainer registry entries show the new path:

"G:\AddOns\Acquisti\RealityXP\Garmin\" etc...

2) You've had to create the FPLN folder in the 'trainer data' subfolder, which you are saying is:

"G:\AddOns\Purchases\RealityXP\Garmin\Data\GTN\FPLN"

My question: is the 'Purchases' your translation for posting in the forum, or, is the trainer rejecting 'Acquisti' ?

Further on your other questions:

The User's Manual says (footnote on the page about the flight plans):

The "FPLN" folder must reside in the folder equivalent to "GTNSIMDATA" (see Configuring Alternate Paths chapter for more information). NB: GTN Trainer before v6.41: "C:\ProgramData\Garmin\GTN Trainer Data\GTN\FPLN"

The 'alternate pahs' chapter then says:

Configuring Alternate Paths

The Garmin trainer installs various components, each one in a specific path. This chapter describes supported Windows environment variables to configure alternate trainer paths in a typical scenario.

Set the general trainer application path, that is where the trainer is installed:

GTNSIMPATH="C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\Trainers\GTN\bin"              (Trainer v6.41+)
GTNSIMPATH="C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\GTN Trainer\GTN\sys\sim"    (older Trainers)

Set the application database path, that is where to look for all the db files (terrain, obstacle, navigation etc..):

GTNSIMDATA="C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers"                    (Trainer v6.41+)
GTNSIMDATA="C:\ProgramData\Garmin\GTN Trainer Data"            (older Trainers)

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Now the question I have is this:
1) You have opt-in a different folder than the default when installing the Trainer. The trainer registry entries show the new path:
"G:\AddOns\Acquisti\RealityXP\Garmin\" etc...
2) You've had to create the FPLN folder in the 'trainer data' subfolder, which you are saying is:
"G:\AddOns\Purchases\RealityXP\Garmin\Data\GTN\FPLN"
My question: is the 'Purchases' your translation for posting in the forum, or, is the trainer rejecting 'Acquisti' ?

Ohh.. sorry.. google has translated "Acquisti" to "Purchases" :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Further on your other questions: .........

Now it's all clear !
Thanks for the assistance!

I can confirm after updating to SW 6.5.0 and GTN to 2.5.6 the import button does not work anymore. I was previously on 2.4.3 in which I created a YouTube tutorial video on how to make this work of course following the steps on page 9 of the manual as well as how to export a flight plan from skyvector into the GTN 750.

After updating to 2.5.6 my Import button has disappeared and the file path ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\GTN\FPLN is no longer working. I've tried moving the FPLN to sever different folders with no luck. Has anyone found the problem since it was working just fine before the update?

SOLVED. 
After updating from 2.4.3 to 2.5.6 I too also lost my import button. C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\GTN\FPLN was no longer working even though that's what is indicated on page 9 of the manual. Well somewhere along the line someone changed or a change was made to the directory and the file path has now changed. No wonder you're all frustrated, the manual is incorrect. 

The correct file path should now be C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases\FPLN and not in the GTN folder anymore. After 2 hours of painstakingly fiddling around with this and working with a buddy of mine he was able to figure out the NEW correct path. I hope this helps everyone out. 

11 hours ago, Dracollin-Kevin said:

was no longer working even though that's what is indicated on page 9 of the manual.

should now be C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases\FPLN

I'm glad you've got it working, although p9 give the correct path for trainer v6.50, and footnotes for previous trainers?!?!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Or maybe I was just looking at the already updated manuals on our systems?! Either ways, v2.5.7 update includes updated manuals for sure, so are the links to the manuals on our website. Thank you four your feedback.

After the update v2.5.7 I can not load the flight plans, I read page 9, I read the forum and I tried all the solutions but it does not work.

Edited by Francesco65

I have the same problem.
Flight plans that I created externally and put in the directory
C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\Common\GtnTrainer\flightplans\FPLN
copies are not recognized. There is no button - import - anymore.

Correction and problem solved:
if I create the flight plan with Little Navmap and save it under

C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases\FPLN,

then I can import and use the flight plan.

Thanks for the tip.

@Rainer-Berlin this is a new path indeed. It is also documented in the latest User's Manual.

Therefore the recommendation to create a shortcut like indicated in the manual, so that you'd most likely only have to re-link in case it changes again, instead of having to move the files over.

Albeit in your case it wouldn't have changed the fact you wouldn't have been able to import them, it is just simpler to manage over time, but I don't expect the folder path to change much from now on.

After 1 hours of troubleshooting I got this working 😞

I used default installation so I had to create "FPLN" dirctory.

My full directory is C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases\FPLN

My version is 2.5.16.1

I couldn't get the "Import" button to show up.

However I created the FPLN dir and the while X-Plane was running. So when I restarted X-Plane the button "import" button showed up!

I hope this help to those that can't see import button.  

@RXP if possible in future version include at least one sample .gfp file and auto create the FPLN folder if it is missing.

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

@Sims Smith Thank you for sharing resolution details.

In effect the GTN won't detect the creation of the folder 'live' and requires a reboot/restart to pick it up.

The installer doesn't automatically create the folder for two reasons at least:

• Some customers install the trainer in different places.
  • We don't want the out-the-box experience to fail in case the FPLN support fails (wrong files or otherwise).

As for sample files, like indicated in the RXP GTN Manual p9:

"C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\Common\GtnTrainer\flightplans.zip"