Sign in to follow this  
whamil77

B200 Raisbeck EPIC with PT6A-52 Engines Mod Released

I have completed the Carenado B200 mod and those of you on the mailing list should be seeing it in your mailboxes.  Summary of changes below:

-   ITT measurement and display - ITT operates correctly and you CAN over-temp an engine

-   Prop Deice and loadmeter

-   Surface Deice and pneumatic pressure gauge

-   Electrical system including generators and battery loads

-   Autopilot

-   EFIS

-   Performance (Power, airspeed, torque, fuel flow, ITT)

-   Night lighting of instrument panel

-   Gauge changes to coincide with PT6A-52 engines

-   Winglets permanently visible

-   Annunciator panel corrections

-   Oxygen pressure indication

-   Inverter power indication

-   Fuel transfer lights

-   Fuel valve correction

-   Auto-ignition during start correction

-   Start logic (normal, hung start, hot start)

-   Engine fire logic and extinguishing logic

-   Idle control

-   Autofeather and autofeather test

-   “Cold and Dark” and “Ready for Taxi” system added

-   FDE changes

-   Provisions for default GNS, F1GNS, and F1GTN avionics

-  Appropriate manuals included

From the readme

"The ITT gauge now shows real world temperatures and it is not very difficult to over-temp an engine.  If the over-temp is bad enough, engine damage and fire may ensue.  I also highly recommend memorizing engine fire emergency procedures (they’re easy and logical).  Failure to act in a timely manner during a fire could result in loss of the airplane. " 

Anyone not on the mailing list that would like to give it a try, send me a PM.  If you want to be included on future updates please include an email address. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Thanks Bill

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Bill, this mod is a very complete and a very useful upgrade for this plane. It's like having a brand new B200! I'd like to congratulate you and thank you very much for your outstanding job and contributions to the Flight Simulation club!!

Best Regars,

Roberto

hi bill-just sent you a PM to send me the mod.  many thanks.

sean

Edited by shnewsman
misspelled word

Very impressive mod!  Thank you Bill for all your work on this.  One problem I am having, however, is with the DC Generators.  They don't work any more.  The 'DC GEN' annunciator lights remain on and the DC meters on the overhead remain at '0'.  Anything I am doing wrong?  (I'm using the FSX version).

Regards,

David

David, CYXE

6 hours ago, torque2 said:

Very impressive mod!  Thank you Bill for all your work on this.  One problem I am having, however, is with the DC Generators.  They don't work any more.  The 'DC GEN' annunciator lights remain on and the DC meters on the overhead remain at '0'.  Anything I am doing wrong?  (I'm using the FSX version).

Regards,

David

They are automatically turned off when the starter function is engaged.  It's the same piece of machinery that provides starting power when needed and when not being used as starters provide electrical generation.  The generator function must be re-engaged after start by setting the generator switches to "reset".  Are you doing that?

1 hour ago, whamil77 said:

They are automatically turned off when the starter function is engaged.  It's the same piece of machinery that provides starting power when needed and when not being used as starters provide electrical generation.  The generator function must be re-engaged after start by setting the generator switches to "reset".  Are you doing that?

Hi Bill. I've noticed this same issue with the generators. In my case, re-engageing generators after start by setting the generator switches to "reset" does not fix the problem. The generators lights keeps "on" in the annunciators and the DC meters keeps in zero. However, I've also noticed that the batteries don't discharge.

Regards,

Roberto

1 hour ago, whamil77 said:

I am unable to find a way to reset the generators.  There is a Master Switch cover I can raise and lower, but the generator switches themselves only have two positions - ON or OFF.  There is no third 'Reset' position I can identify with right or left clicks, nor with the mousewheel.

David

David, CYXE

I have since learned that I am running an older version of the aircraft (from 2014), so that may be my problem.  I will try to obtain the latest version and try again.

David

David, CYXE

8 hours ago, Ralvarez232 said:

Hi Bill. I've noticed this same issue with the generators. In my case, re-engageing generators after start by setting the generator switches to "reset" does not fix the problem. The generators lights keeps "on" in the annunciators and the DC meters keeps in zero. However, I've also noticed that the batteries don't discharge.

Regards,

Roberto

Roberto,

Could you please help me with some troubleshooting?  Is the problem associated with the updated interior model file "B200_interior_NK_2" in the model.nk folder?  Does the problem happen when using the "B200_interior_MOD_KNOBS" version in the model folder?

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Just now, whamil77 said:

Roberto,

Could you please help me with some troubleshooting?  Is the problem associated with the updated interior model file "B200_interior_NK_2" in the model.nk folder?  Does the problem happen when using the "B200_interior_MOD_KNOBS" version in the model folder? I don't have FSX or FSX Steam installed so I can't check it.

Thanks in advance,

Bill

I loaded the airplane into P3Dv1 and found the same issue.  Problem is....I have no idea on earth what the problem could be.  All of my development and testing was done in P3Vv4 but I haven't had any serious problems with any of my other mods.  This will take some time to figure out.   Sorry guys.....

I found the issue.  Somewhere along the way (after P3D v1 but before P3D v3) the variable for a generator being active changed.  I am going through the code now and will have an update soon.  I will send it out via email.

Thanks to you gentlemen for bringing the problem to my attention. 

Regards,

Bill

• Like 1

After a quick test on the ground I can confirm the problem appears to be fixed.  Thank you!

David

David, CYXE