Sign in to follow this  
DieterK

VoxATC in P3Dv4.1 very slow

Hi All,

I need help with VoxATC. I'm using VoxATC under FSX and all works fine. I have change from FSX to P3Dv4.1 at the same Computer (i7)

But VoxATC reacts very slow after I speak with the ATC. Mostly I must wait 15 or 30 seconds befor the display refresh.

Any solutions for this Problem? Multi Crew Expirence works fine on the same computer.

Regards Dieter

11 hours ago, DieterK said:

Hi All,

I need help with VoxATC. I'm using VoxATC under FSX and all works fine. I have change from FSX to P3Dv4.1 at the same Computer (i7)

But VoxATC reacts very slow after I speak with the ATC. Mostly I must wait 15 or 30 seconds befor the display refresh.

Any solutions for this Problem? Multi Crew Expirence works fine on the same computer.

Regards Dieter

I’ve had this happen intermittently, but not all of the time. I haven’t noticed a pattern, other than it seems more likely when there is more traffic. I have my sliders at the default 50 percent, which seems busy enough. Are yours higher than that?

No I have the Traffic on 40 percent. I'm not shure, but I think it is the training file from the speech regocnitaton.

I do some Tests and report.

I doubt that it's the training file as that just uses words specific to your flight plan and loads them into the Windows speech training app. If anything, the use of the training file speeds up speech recognition in VOXATC. I agree with Mad_Mac, that where there is heavy AI traffic, there could be a slowdown in response. One alternative would be to use the FSUIPC AI traffic limiter. 

2 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I doubt that it's the training file as that just uses words specific to your flight plan and loads them into the Windows speech training app. If anything, the use of the training file speeds up speech recognition in VOXATC. I agree with Mad_Mac, that where there is heavy AI traffic, there could be a slowdown in response. One alternative would be to use the FSUIPC AI traffic limiter. 

What setting are you using for the traffic limiter in FSUIPC? Is there any stutter because of deleting traffic? What is your setting for traffic in VoxATC?

I haven't tried this feature in fsuipc and would like to really give it a go as in heavy airports even with 30% setting in voxatc tends to bring the fps down heavily. 

The key setting is the hard limit is the number of AI aircraft within the user's reality bubble. The rest of the limiter settings are determined by personal preference and are for fine tuning. I use 150 aircraft for the limit but depending on one's hardware, either 100 or 50 might be a better choice. YMMV.

I have never seen any stuttering associated with the FSUIPC5 traffic limiter but isolating a source of stuttering is an art not a science.