Sign in to follow this  
erichihill336

LJ35 Random Flame-out

In P3Dv4 I have been experiencing unexplained engine flame outs multiple times per flight with no rhyme or reason. I can manually restart no problem but it will happen again 30 mins later. Any thoughts?

5 hours ago, erichihill336 said:

In P3Dv4 I have been experiencing unexplained engine flame outs multiple times per flight with no rhyme or reason. I can manually restart no problem but it will happen again 30 mins later. Any thoughts?

I don't know what weather conditions you have been flying in, but you might try turning on the nacelle heat to see if that makes any difference.

Al

Does this happen at all altitudes, or just in clouds, or is it completely random?

Hi Folks,

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K...

:biggrin:

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

This happens at all altitudes and and weather. No consistent timing either. I've tried with all available heat and anti-ice on as well as the igniters to no avail. I should add that I hold a LRJet type and have been trying to isolate the bug but, have found no resolution yet.

Eric

That is really strange. I would recommend a complete reinstall because I have never had that problem. The only other thing I could think of is if your fuel panel is not set correctly, but since you hold a Type Rating and can airstart immediately afterward, then I think something didn't quite install correctly.

Please keep us in the loop.

Just a wild guess here, but could one of your controllers be sending an erroneous signal that is shutting off the fuel flow?

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Stans might be on to something. I hadn't consider that possibility yet. And, since no one else seems to be having the issue I'll do some testing. 

Will report back.