Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

PMDG 737 or wait?

25 minutes ago, Luis_KMIA said:

Can't go wrong with the NGX.   We will probably get more details about the NG3 in June during the conference, and I don't think it will be ready anytime soon.  I have a rotation that consists of flying the PMDG 737, 747, and 777, and it never gets old.

I have preaty much the same rotation but add the MaddogX, TFDi717 and an occasional GA hop. Too many great planes, not enough time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Vic green

I have a rotation that consists of flying the PMDG 737, 747, and 777, and it never gets old

Same here.....and all on short flights around the UK and Ireland (plus Amsterdam).

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Ngx is a wonderful bird but I still mainly fly the 744 v3 on short hops as FedEx.

spacer.png

20 hours ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Good day everyone,

Having recently switched over to P3D from FS9 I’m wondering whether I should spend the 90$ on PMDG 737 or wait for a possible remake that’s been mentioned every now and again.

I did purchase their 747 and it’s an amazing aircraft, Last PMDG I’ve purchased prior to the 747 was their 737 for fs9. They have made great advancements since then and am very impressed by the quality and immersion of the 747, And would imagine their other offerings would offer the same however I’m worried I would spend the 90$ and don’t want to have a new release 2 months later etc.

this is more of a “What would you do” type question?

Thanks

Go for it and buy the current version.  It is still a supreme product - even after 8 years.  The new 737 will be a different aircraft.  Also get the freeware VC texture updates (not sure who did them).  It kind of feels like a new aircraft with them installed.    You will only be doing yourself out of lots of hours of fun by waiting for the next best thing.  

• Upvote 1

The NGX can't be beat in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

51 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Go for it and buy the current version.  It is still a supreme product - even after 8 years.  The new 737 will be a different aircraft.  Also get the freeware VC texture updates (not sure who did them).  It kind of feels like a new aircraft with them installed.    You will only be doing yourself out of lots of hours of fun by waiting for the next best thing.  

Freeware VC texture update? Where?

• Like 1

Dan Cole

12 minutes ago, bobrbend said:

Would also like to know that...?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

18 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Count me in, had no idea something like that existed!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

I can't remember, and I'm not at my PC.  When I get home tonight, I'll see if I have the link, but they do make a big difference, especially at night.  It's an HD texture replacement

I'm sure someone will provide the answer in the meantime.  Sorry.  Not helpful

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

I can't remember, and I'm not at my PC.  When I get home tonight, I'll see if I have the link, but they do make a big difference, especially at night.  It's an HD texture replacement

I'm sure someone will provide the answer in the meantime.  Sorry.  Not helpful

Interesting... if you could find a link, it would be amazing. 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

6 hours ago, bobrbend said:

6 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

https://www.facebook.com/FlyNGXAviation

The freeware PMDG 737 VC textures can be found here.  There is a link provided there to the download.

Looks like some people are having issues with lighting.  Would love to hear your experience with these before I install.

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

On 4/8/2018 at 2:02 PM, tooting said:

have you thought of the aerosoft CRJ.  Its had such great reviews and they even advertise on avsim, so it must be a premium product.     

hgf14864050f.jpg?w=620

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, ieydis said:

Looks like some people are having issues with lighting.  Would love to hear your experience with these before I install.

There was an initial problem with lighting i believe - which has been fixed.  I believe the latest download has the fix (which is the one i have downloaded.)  No problems here.

But, as always, download at your own risk. 

Edited by ErichB

2 minutes ago, ErichB said:

There was an initial problem with lighting i believe - which has been fixed.  I believe the latest download has the fix (which is the one i have downloaded.)  No problems here.

But, as always, download at your own risk. 

Thanks Erich,

Looks great but two questions, since there is no read me file how do I install it in P3DV4 and is it compatible with that platform?

Thanks,

Vic G.

Vic green