Sign in to follow this  
Norwegian

GSX not working!

Hello!

I just purchased GSX yesterday, but i can't get it working. I've googled, and tried basically every fix i could find, but nothing works.
I've tried re-installing gsx, re-installing Couatl, downloaded the standalone addon manager etc.

I have registered over on fsdreamteam's forums, but not been activated yet.
See the pictures that shows the errors i'm getting.

First Error
Second Error

Thanks a lot for the help!

12 minutes ago, simbol said:

I know it sounds silly but, are you launching PD3V4 as Administrator?

S.

Yes, error still occurs.

5 minutes ago, Norwegian said:

Yes, error still occurs.

Ok sound like your problem is with Couatl, what Antivirus do you have? maybe it prevented the installation from running correctly.

Please note I am not asking you to disable your antivirus as you should never do this, but can you check your AV logs to see if it has indeed performed any actions against the Couatl installation process?

S.

Might be best to post on th FSDT forums. The developer is there.

Just now, NZ255 said:

Might be best to post on th FSDT forums. The developer is there.

Yes i know, but i had to register and they haven't accepted my registration yet. 

Stupid question, but you did not by chance download the FS9 version instead of the FSX/P3D version, no?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

3 hours ago, AnkH said:

Stupid question, but you did not by chance download the FS9 version instead of the FSX/P3D version, no?

There is no GSX for FS9.

Not GSX, but the Stand-Alone Addon Manager...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

From your error message, it seems your Couatl.INI is corrupted, most likely a problem with your hard drive, since it seems to contains data from another file.

Remove it, run a disk check, and reinstall GSX. The file is located here:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.INI

Also, keep in mind that, while you wait for your forum account to be approved, you can always use EMAIL for support, which will be surely faster than posting here, hoping that someone from FSDT would read it and reply to it.

The email address to contact us is listed both in your purchase receipt and in the "Contact Us" page of our web site.

If would be best if you could follow up this issue (but I'm sure that removing your corrupted .INI file should fix it) using the normal support channels: email or the FSDT forum.

Edited by virtuali
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, virtuali said:

From your error message, it seems your Couatl.INI is corrupted, most likely a problem with your hard drive, since it seems to contains data from another file.

Remove it, run a disk check, and reinstall GSX. The file is located here:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.INI

Also, keep in mind that, while you wait for your forum account to be approved, you can always use EMAIL for support, which will be surely faster than posting here, hoping that someone from FSDT would read it and reply to it.

The email address to contact us is listed both in your purchase receipt and in the "Contact Us" page of our web site.

If would be best if you could follow up this issue (but I'm sure that removing your corrupted .INI file should fix it) using the normal support channels: email or the FSDT forum.

Alright thanks for the info. I turned to avsim mainly to see if anyone else had encountered a similar problem and knew how to fix it. 
I'll try what you mentioned, and will get back to you on email if it doesn't work. 

Kim.