Sign in to follow this  
klamal

Thinking of getting XP11

Hello,

I am really thinking about buying XP11 and the FF A320.  I have a few questions though...

Can you save or does there already exist a "turnaround" state for the FF A320?  Everything I've seen on YT always goes from cold and dark.

And probably my biggest question...the weather in XP.  Is there anything, payware or freeware, that gets rid of sudden weather changes?  I've seen posts where some say this add on or that add on does remove the sudden changes and others where they say we are still stuck with sudden changes.

I would make use of Ortho4XP too.  I would keep this on an external USB drive.  I assume XP is totally fine with scenery existing on external drives?  No performance hit or anything, right?

What about AI traffic for flying online on Vatsim?

I think that's it for now.  I may think of some more later.  Thanks for your answers.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

25 minutes ago, klamal said:

And probably my biggest question...the weather in XP.  Is there anything, payware or freeware, that gets rid of sudden weather changes?  I've seen posts where some say this add on or that add on does remove the sudden changes and others where they say we are still stuck with sudden changes.

That's everybody's biggest question when considering a move or parallel usage.  Sadly, the answer is still no

Edited by ErichB

x-enviro is what you are looking for in regards of weather. but you should wait until they release version 1.08 because the actual version is not perfect.

• Like 1

Cheers,

Martin Hübner

Or, regarding weather, wait for HiFiTech's upcoming Active Sky for X-Plane...

Presently my only add-ons for XP11 are the FF A320 and the Toliss A319, and I am fine with default weather in 11.20b3 since specially the FF A320 deals beautifully with the most hysteric aspects of weather modelling in X-Plane, like the overdone turbulence and the way it affects the aircraft, and the outcome of variable winds.

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

33 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Or, regarding weather, wait for HiFiTech's upcoming Active Sky for X-Plane...

Yeah, this might be what I have to do if I can't be OK with the current system.  I'm not sure yet.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

Just wanted to add that the combination of even default XP11 with this FF A320 Ultimate is, by far, my best experience since I use the sim.

A couple of weeks ago I even bought a P3D monthly license to compare both, but while both are great, each on it's own, I believe the level of detail in the FF is simply remarkable. 

There's this recent thread at the .org: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/146308-changing-daytime-causes-irs-lost/

whose tittle isn't accurate, but the answers are :-), and show the attention to detail even on this particular aspect of the simulation ( navigation systems ATA34 )...

Then there's the latest videos by BlackBox711, like this one: 

and this series also very good by another active Airbus pilot: 

which you probably already are well aware of...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Lots of hope has been put on HiFi and Active Asky regarding weather and people just don't realize both will be coming out (if ever) with ver 1.0 which neither will be perfect.  LOL!!!

Edited by CarlosF

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

9 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

Lots of hope has been put on HiFi and Active Asky regarding weather and people just don't realize both will be coming out (if ever) with ver 1.0 which neither will be perfect.  LOL!!!

No weather program is perfect, but if they are able to eliminate sudden weather changes and wind shifts through some programming trickery, I'll be onboard the FF Airbus fligthdeck.

Edited by ErichB

1 minute ago, ErichB said:

but if they are able to eliminate sudden weather changes and wind shifts through some programming trickery

That remains to be seen in v1.0 which I doubt will happen is such early stage.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

1 minute ago, CarlosF said:

But hopefully, since this is probably the biggest complaint with X-Plane, they will tackle this issue right away and we will see it in v1.0.  Who knows of course.  Remains to be seen.  So I guess right now though, buying XP means having to deal with the weather system yet.  Coming from P3Dv4 w/ ActiveSky, that is the hardest part about wanting to invest yet in XP.  To me, this is the biggest factor that is keeping me from investing time and resources into this platform yet.  In almost every other area, I think XP might be the better platform.  But the darn weather!  :)

• Like 1

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

49 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Wow!  That is cool!

49 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Then there's the latest videos by BlackBox711, like this one: 

Yeah, it's these two guys that I've been watching a lot of lately.  It seems like BlackBox has been flying in XP w/ FF more than FSLabs, which I know he did a lot of videos in the past with too.  So that is helping fuel my enthusiasm as well.  :)

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

7 minutes ago, klamal said:

buying XP means having to deal with the weather system yet.

There are alternatives like xEnviroment (which is the one I have and Im happy with it) and SkyMax Pro, both have good and bad, but I for one think that if we support the developers instead of bashing or complaining, then eventually will end up with a version that would meets most of our expectations. 

16 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

Agree,  but there will be no differentiation from others if they don't manage to accomplish this.  It'll just be another weather program for xplane.  It is the biggest improvement  to have happened to weather programs for P3D

Edited by ErichB

6 minutes ago, ErichB said:

It is the biggest improvement  to have happened to weather programs for P3D

True,but Im sure those developers went through growing-pains too, the fact that they have improved only shows the positive outcome when people encourage developers by supporting them.

Edited by CarlosF

4 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

I for one think that if we support the developers instead of bashing or complaining, then eventually will end up with a version that would meets most of our expectations. 

We support them by paying for their products.  Once you've paid for the product, you are entitled to an opinion about what the product should reasonably be able to do

• Like 2