On 4/9/2018 at 1:22 PM, klamal said:

Hello,

I am really thinking about buying XP11 and the FF A320.  I have a few questions though...

Can you save or does there already exist a "turnaround" state for the FF A320?  Everything I've seen on YT always goes from cold and dark.

And probably my biggest question...the weather in XP.  Is there anything, payware or freeware, that gets rid of sudden weather changes?  I've seen posts where some say this add on or that add on does remove the sudden changes and others where they say we are still stuck with sudden changes.

I would make use of Ortho4XP too.  I would keep this on an external USB drive.  I assume XP is totally fine with scenery existing on external drives?  No performance hit or anything, right?

What about AI traffic for flying online on Vatsim?

I think that's it for now.  I may think of some more later.  Thanks for your answers.

Dont think, get it!

Not going to give detailed explanations why, just going to give you my example, before XP11 and the FF a320 landed in my PC i had probably more than 1000 hours of P3D, since then, zero, nothing, nickles... only XP is being used... that bird is a beauty, and is not finished yet!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

As a long time FSX/P3D user, I got XP11 yesterday and am amazed at the ease of setup and overall user-friendly menus, etc. I have a 3-monitor setup and XP11 adapted to it like a boll weevil in a cotton field. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
On 4/12/2018 at 8:02 PM, Les Parson said:

As a long time FSX/P3D user, I got XP11 yesterday and am amazed at the ease of setup and overall user-friendly menus, etc. I have a 3-monitor setup and XP11 adapted to it like a boll weevil in a cotton field. 

Same cotton field. Blown away by XP11 interface and how easy it is to maximize performance with a few simple steps and test. I have FSX SE running like a dream with many thousands of $$ in add ons and yet Im drawn to XP11 for the fluid aerodynamics and how good it looks out of the box but to be honest I also need to tinker and with FSX SE Im all tinkered out`.So much free scenery that looks amazing and I wish I had of discovered flight slimming today ,I would park my BUTT at XPLANE and start the journey.

Going heavy metal XPlane 64bit  and flying general aviation FSX SE 😊

Edited by zmak

Posted (edited)
On 4/9/2018 at 8:46 AM, ErichB said:

Sadly, the answer is still no

Isn't that Weather Connector app from XAviation for?  To smooth transition?

Edited by Anxu00

I'll throw my $0.02 in here as a very experience pilot and XP simmer.  I have lived with both SkyMaxx Pro (all versions) and xEnviro for extended periods of simming.  Lately, I find that the current default weather is the best option of the three.  The default weather has gotten better that either payware weather generator at this time.  There is an occasional loading of new weather, but it hardly takes away from the incredible sim experience that is XPlane.  I actually feel sorry for anyone who wouldn't take this journey purely based on the weather engines.  Sure a inexpensive hobby for hours and hours of wondrous entertainment.  

My brother-in-law just bought a $45K Harley Davidson to feed his hobby needs.  I bought the Dreamfoil Bell 407 for $34.95.  And I don't have buy insurance for it.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1