Sign in to follow this  
TechguyMaxC

Traffic + ATC + voice controlled crew - suggestions needed

2 hours ago, ninerwhiskey9W said:

ProATCX is IFR only.

it's "essentially / mostly" class A & B airspace procedures ...........

for now, cheers

john martin

Thanks all for the further replies.

Questions:

Do all offline ATC products on the market currently feature synthesized voices, and if so, is there a method to minimize the staccato nature of these voices which does not require a huge time investment?  

Can anyone speak further on the traffic part of the equation?  Is there a solution (perhaps by combination of products) which provides aesthetically-pleasing AI traffic models that may also be controllable by ATC, or is it too much work to achieve this result e.g. by combination of say MT6 + UTL + VoxATC?

4 hours ago, ninerwhiskey9W said:

You're mixing up Pro ATC-X with Pilot2ATC. ProATCX is IFR only.

Don' think so......

In your initial reply to this topic you said:

Quote:

"1. Pilot2ATC is very good for IFR flights, SID/STAR assignment done by the program, and based of weather. Also has an option to monitor and operate the radios during cruise if you want to step away from the PC for a while. But, it does not support VFR flights at all."

Based on that , I was simply point out that Pilot2ATC actually does support IFR and VFR. 

...Lloyd

3 hours ago, TechguyMaxC said:

Do all offline ATC products on the market currently feature synthesized voices, and if so, is there a method to minimize the staccato nature of these voices which does not require a huge time investment?  

Can anyone speak further on the traffic part of the equation?  Is there a solution (perhaps by combination of products) which provides aesthetically-pleasing AI traffic models that may also be controllable by ATC, or is it too much work to achieve this result e.g. by combination of say MT6 + UTL + VoxATC?

MCE, PF3, RC4 do not use synthesized voices but real recorded voices. What you (and I) dislike is the way words or part of sentences are assembled, since this is not done with professional equipment and/or properly guided professional "actors" you end up having sometimes unpleasant sentences with the "staccato" you mention or highs and lows which are out of context, I am afraid all similar programmes have this serious lack of quality that you do not find in the P3D (or FSX) stock ATC because the job was done professionally, arguably with more financial means, and a limited set of six voices. This is why personally I am still using the stock ATC in spite of its obvious shortcomings. However, i am using MCE to interact with ATC since its voice recognition is excellent.

Regardless of what you have heard on the demo video, I would recommend you go for the free trial of MCE and select the following voices which are very well "pieced" together thanks to the authors themselves who understood perhaps better how to record their voices properly:

• As Co-Pilot: Clive
  • As Ground engineer: Trav

Remember that you will hear your CP only during check-lists and will execute whatever you ask him to do during the flight (including handling ATC during those long hauls), then it's up to you whether you want a third party ATC such as PF3 to replace P3D and interact with MCE, as mentioned above, none of the existing ATC software will offer you a quality of recording anywhere as good as your stock P3D ATC, so dont waste your time if that is your personal limitation, either you are ready to compromise on the recording and "assembling" quality of the various recordings, or you can't and you stick to P3D ATC. in which case MCE as a voice recognition software will do the job nicely. Having a CP like Clive will be the added benefit that you will easily learn to use to its full potential.

Edited by Jean-Claude
  • Upvote 1

@Jean-Claude, thank you for the detailed response.  I will give the MCE demo a shot.  

Can anyone make a recommendation on a traffic add-on?

8 hours ago, TechguyMaxC said:

Can anyone make a recommendation on a traffic add-on?

I believe there are only 2, MT6 and UTLive which I am using. If you can forget about some of the liveries that are not up to date UTLive would be your preferred choice. Excellent world coverage and very good performance on my PC.

I've mostly finished configuring my P3D install and decided to go with UT Live for now and hold off on ATC for the time being.  I'm going to try out the MCE demo before deciding on MCE vs. FS2Crew.  

Thanks again everyone!