RXP

RXP GNS 530W/430W V2 X-Plane v2.4.4 Released!

Posted (edited)

Hi, I'm pleased to announce v2.4.4 is now released!

It is available either via Plugin | Reality XP GNS | Check Updates... or directly from our web site.

v2.4.4

• New: Satellite-Based Augmentation Systems (SBAS) selections:
    WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS and GAGAN extending availability of LPV approaches worldwide.
  • New: Aircraft Flight Manual Supplement (AFMS) related settings.
  • New: Create and load per-aircraft Checklists (see User's Manual).
  • New: HSI CDI/GSI scaling factor (as in FltSim version).
  • Enhanced: Switching OBS mode should keep DTK stable.
  • Enhanced: Additional power sources setting (electric buses 1 to 6).
  • Enhanced: Undocumented 'GNSOBSTCL' environment variable sets path to the obstacle db file.
  • Enhanced: Further corrections to path redirections using the environment variables.
  • Enhanced: Further stability and performance enhancements.
  • Enhanced: User's Manual corrections.
  • Fixed: GNS Settings Panel could CTD on some computers.

About SBAS: Systems and approaches availability depends on the navigation database.
Display the last GNS AUX page, select SBAS Selection then enable each system.

gns_sbas_selections.png

About AFMS settings: The GNS supports specific enablement features configured during installation in a real aircraft. These are regrouped in the configuration panel under Aircraft Flight Manual Supplement (AFMS) and allow selecting V-Flag Declutter, disabling CDI key etc...

v2.4.3

• Enhanced: Plugin graphics and renderer corrections.

v2.4.2.1

• Fixed: Mouse not working in 3D and VR in previous update.

v2.4.2

• New: Settings | Gauge | Advanced | Link Simulator GPS Waypoints (updates XPlane GPS/FMS with next legs for EFIS display)
  • New: Settings | Gauge | Advanced | Auto-Save Active Route (.fms) (saves the active route to fms format)
  • Fixed: VR Windows general handling.
  • Enhanced: VR Windows display like 2D windows (no title, no edges).
  • Enhanced: Plugin menu updates properly in VR mode.
  • Enhanced: Knobs turn more naturally with left/right mouse buttons.
  • Enhanced: Gauge Tooltips corrections.
  • Enhanced: User's Manual corrections and additional information.

The GNS V2 inherits two new features first introduced in our FltSim version:

Link Simulator GPS Waypoints: continuously updates the stock GPS/FMS route with the next waypoints (requires Master Device). This feature is designed to displaying GNS route on EFIS displays. XPlane limitations: user waypoint ident or waypoint not in the XP database display as encoded lat_lon format.

Auto-Save Active Route: save the active route to "X-Plane\Output\FMS plans\Reality XP GNS1 Route.fms" (and GNS2 for unit 2). This is a v11 or v3 compliant fms file (depending on your XP version) with the entire active route (not just the next waypoints). The device saves the route whenever it changes so that the file contains the latest used.

This update also fixes the VR window handling issues encountered with our first VR version (2.5.1).

v2.4.1

• New: Supports X-Plane 11.20 VR mode.
  • New: Added support to fail RAIM Check via datarefs.
  • New: Added discrete inputs datarefs.
  • New: Additional commands (discrete inputs like in GTN XPlane): 'CDI_SOURCE', 'OBS_MODE' and 'TAWS_INHIBIT'.
  • Fixed: GNS overrides A/P and HSI when loaded with some aircraft (no reload needed).
  • Enhanced: TAWS auto-detected limits are properly saved in the ini file.

X-Plane 11.20 VR:

XPlane has known limitations which you should know: resizing the window with 2 green bars changes the definition, not the size (makes the graphics pixelated), therefore, resize the GNS window 1 green bar at a time instead. Also, XPlane SDK permits restoring the window size only and not its position.

A/P and HSI override:

This should fix the issue with some aircraft (Carenado, etc...) where the GNS was not able to connect to the A/P and the HSI when initially loaded, and for which the interim fix was to unselect then reselect the GNS from the menu.

v2.4.0

• New: LinkObs connects GPS to OBS source, either HSI (with LinkHsi) or VOR (AutoNavSource).
  • New: Autopilot coupling and tracking compatible with host simulator simulation rate (up to 128x).

v2.3.12

• New: Popup Windows compatible with the latest XP11.20+ VR.
  • New: SHIFT+RIGHT Click the GPS top edge opens the GUI Settings (like FltSim version).
  • New: SHIFT+LEFT Click the GPS top edge resizes the popup window (like FltSim version).
  • New: Added 'Master Device' setting to the GUI Settings (like FltSim version).
  • New: GNS Hardware Driver compatible with 64bits simulators*
  • Fixed: GPS Master Device state not saved to the settings file (take 2).
  • Enhanced: The plugin log file name is now "Documents\rxpGNS2.xpl.log" for consistency.
  • Enhanced: User's Manual renamed to: "Reality XP GNS V2 User's Manual (XPlane).pdf".
  • Enhanced: Installer cleans up older manual and shortcuts left from previous installations.

* The installer includes the latest PFC DLL 32/64bits but the feature requires a separate GNS Hardware Driver product license to function.

LinkObs:

With the previous versions, the option used to only connect the HSI OBS to the GPS. 

New in v2.4, when using the LinkObs option, the OBS source is either the HSI OBS when the GPS device is connected to the HSI (LinkHsi option), or the VOR1/2  OBS when the GPS device is connected to the VOR (in this case VOR1 or VOR2 depends on the AutoNavSource setting).

Edited by RXP
  • Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm bumping the discussion has initial message is updated.

bumping v2.4.1

I can confirm that this version fixed the issue I've had on my Carenado Bonanza V35 - "GNS overrides A/P and HSI when loaded with some aircraft".

Worked perfectly without having to go the plugins menu to disable/enable the plugin. Thanks for taking care of this. 

Mark

• Like 1

bumping v2.4.2

...sorry, but how to install the update, is it just by clicking on the "Pluginn" drop down menu ??

Tnx

On 5/30/2018 at 4:51 PM, N1125Y said:

..sorry, but how to install the update, is it just by clicking on the "Pluginn" drop down menu ??

On 4/9/2018 at 3:32 PM, RXP said:

It is available either via Plugin | Reality XP GNS | Check Updates... or directly from our web site.

once downloaded, just install over.

On 6/1/2018 at 10:20 AM, RXP said:

once downloaded, just install over.

.tnx

bumping v2.4.3

Thank you for updating! The 430 v2 is like the real thing, so awesome! 

When using as NAV2 and controlled via the X-Plane's GNS430-1 I encounter some problems like I can switch frequencies with X-Plane's GNS430-1 but the display (NAV, NRST, etc.) need to be changed by X-Plane's GNS430-2. Ok, not the way you usually do it, I understand. 

And a different (easier?) issue: When completely switching to NAV2 and control by X-Plane's GNS430-2 I can use all know and dials, great! Just one single thing: Pressing the "nearer & farer" knob on the right upper side, it works the opposite way, means showing the map nearer is pressing the arrow up button to be farther away. Can this be fixed? Maybe even in the config?

Background: Why do I even need to control your RXP 430v2 via the internal GNS? Simply I bought hardware that controls the internal GNS (from realsimgear.com) and cannot control the RXP directly. 

Best regards

Rolf

Hi Rolf,

thank you for your kind words!

I'm not sure to understand the first part, about NAV2 via X-Plane's GNS #1. The 'Use Simulator GPS Commands' setting is designed to facilitate third-party hardware and software (aircraft) integration, via the native and embedded command set. This way, there is no need for special hardware drivers nor proprietary commands, it just works!

You can still use the keyboard shortcuts though if needed, or in cases where they would be more appropriate. Our GNS (and GTN) also come with their own set of 'RXP/GNS/...' commands!

It appears the most natural way to make it just work is to default RXP GNS #1 to native GPS #1 commands, and default RXP GNS #2 to native GPS #2 commands. Do you mean you'd like to be able to re-assign for example RXP GNS #2 to native GPS #1 commands instead?

As for the near/far: the GNS Up/Down commands map respectively to 'sim/GPS/g430n1_zoom_out' and 'sim/GPS/g430n1_zoom_in'. I'd suspect the aircraft you are using it have reversed button mapping compared to the real GNS 430?

Whatever has caused the switched buttons: I just configured up to down and vice versa on the hardware side and it works. Hardware and RealityXP software together now give my sim such an upgrade, that’s really outstanding! It’s indeed exactly like the real one, I’m so happy. 

• Upvote 1

bumping v2.4.4

• Upvote 1