Sign in to follow this  
mrcaveman

New to xp but not flying

How do you turn on/off lights in the 172.  When I zoom to the lights, I can not get to the switches to click on or off.  I know it must be simple, just not to me.  Thanks

19 minutes ago, mrcaveman said:

How do you turn on/off lights in the 172.  When I zoom to the lights, I can not get to the switches to click on or off.  I know it must be simple, just not to me.  Thanks

Could it be that you have not turned on HDR in the settings? Without it DIrect Lighting doesn't work

17 hours ago, mrcaveman said:

it sounds like you mean the switches don't physically move. Is that your issue?  Did you remove the yoke so you can see the switches?

Problems must be clearly explained, otherwise it's difficult to help.

Edited by ErichB

If it's the default Cessna, it works like this:

Light switches on instrument panel: Hover mouse over switch until you see the tiny vertical arrow at the mouse pointer position, then rotate the mouse wheel up or down to toggle the switch.

Overhead cabin lights: Hover mouse over small black switches near lights until you see the two curved arrows, then hold down left mouse button and move mouse left/right or up/down to dim or brighten.

This may work differently on other plane models, depending on how the author has used mouse manipulators.

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

21 hours ago, ErichB said:

it sounds like you mean the switches don't physically move. Is that your issue?  Did you remove the yoke so you can see the switches?

Problems must be clearly explained, otherwise it's difficult to help.

I didn't know you could remove the yoke.  How do I remove the yoke?

Click with the mouse on the spot where the yoke shaft enters the instrument panel, and that will remove the yoke on most planes.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor