Sign in to follow this  
SirTommy

Has Sibwings become abandonware?

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about Sibwings beyond what's on their website. Can't get a peep out of any of their contact emails. They apparently still sell add on planes, but in trying to get support I only get crickets.

I need my key to reinstall the plane I have. Maybe they just want me to buy a new one(?)

Afraid so - seem to have been dormant for a good while

They seemed to disappear some time after the AN2 release and the forum is unreachable for me. Facebook page has been dormant since 2016

What a pity! I still have their An-2 on my system and, although a bit quirky by Western standards, it is a pretty good product and I have not been tempted to replace it with the Aerosoft version.

Bill

I absolutely loved their AN2 IN FSX, as you say Bill it was wonderfully quirky.  The Aerosoft version is the only game in town for P3D, but sad to say doesn't have quite the same feel and is a fair way behind in the external graphics department IMHO.

Wow, I'm really bummed about this. Their Bird Dog was one of my favorite planes, especially since it's what my dad learned fly in when he was in the Army in the 50s. It's part of my collection of what he flew during his career. I'm tempted to just purchase it again from Simarket, but I'm reluctant if there's no more support.

When I did my OS and FSX re-install, I backed up all my sim objects. I tried just copying and pasting that backup of the Bird Dog into FSX, but it only partially works. I was hoping the key was hiding somewhere in the FSX files I backed up, but I can't find anything.

A lot of my keys are saved in the Simarket account, but not this one.

55 minutes ago, SirTommy said:

Wow, I'm really bummed about this. Their Bird Dog was one of my favorite planes, especially since it's what my dad learned fly in when he was in the Army in the 50s. It's part of my collection of what he flew during his career. I'm tempted to just purchase it again from Simarket, but I'm reluctant if there's no more support.

When I did my OS and FSX re-install, I backed up all my sim objects. I tried just copying and pasting that backup of the Bird Dog into FSX, but it only partially works. I was hoping the key was hiding somewhere in the FSX files I backed up, but I can't find anything.

A lot of my keys are saved in the Simarket account, but not this one.

Everything you ever bought will be in your email account since thats the only way they can confirm your purchase. Its there just a search birdog -simmarket or similar combos.

ZORAN

1 hour ago, zmak said:

Everything you ever bought will be in your email account since thats the only way they can confirm your purchase. Its there just a search birdog -simmarket or similar combos.

Hmm...Yes, I need to look into this. I may have that old email saved on my other laptop which I can't get to for a few days. That was four years ago so I know it's long gone from the IMAP server.

On 4/9/2018 at 8:47 PM, zmak said:

zmak, thanks for jogging my memory. I finally was able to get my old laptop and lo and behold there was the activation email I had saved in a folder four years ago. I never did hear back from Sibwings support, but the activation link in the email still worked and the Bird Dog is back in the air :biggrin: