Sign in to follow this  
rnczyzcontrol

Sounds Muted on Lost Focus

I am wondering if anyone else has encountered this:

Whenever my P3D v4.1 window loses focus when I am flying the Mad Dog, all sounds mute.

And yes, I did uncheck the Mute-On-Lost-Focus option in the P3D sound menu. All my other aircraft do not seem to have this issue. Only the Mad Dog.

Is this just something with my set up? A known glitch? A bug that I should report?

Same problem there...

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

12 hours ago, MarkW said:

I have this problem as well but its in general with P3D v4.2 on all aircraft.  I don't think this is specific to MaddogX.

No problem for me with other aircraft...

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Just to confirm, the maddog is the only aircraft where this sound mute happens. (p3d 4.2)

Has someone found a workaround?

Jos

I think the developers will have to rectify this. I don't think their is a simple fix. I hope they can fix it as it is annoying.

I have to correct myself: I have the same problem flying the ngx737. On the other hand, the FSLabs a320 doesn't. 

Jos

On 4/25/2018 at 10:11 AM, beep747 said:

I have to correct myself: I have the same problem flying the ngx737. On the other hand, the FSLabs a320 doesn't. 

Jos

because the NGX is an old addon that was originally developed for FSX in 2011. The 737 looses the engine sound but keeps playing the air conditioning. Today's standard would play the sounds outside of the actual FSX/P3D environment (OR is coded in a way) to make it possible to continue to play even if the focus is lost. You find this technology on the FSL Airbus, PMDG's 777 and 747, A2A airplanes, Majestic and probably others. I hope we'll get it on the Maddog too, it's really a forgotten but important feature today, all above with such a high quality addon.

• Upvote 2

OK, a necro post, and for the 737NGXu now.

But for anyone searching (like I just was), this is controllable now in the SOUNDs submenu, covered in the intro document page 96 or so.

* Orest

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com