Sign in to follow this  
sammy

unable to activate LPV procedures from european airports

Hello

I have recently purchased RXP GTN 750.

It works well with US airports.

When I want to flight in europe, I am unable to load LPV procedures.

For instance, I have programmed an arrival in LFMU.

On the same computer, I have the GTN 750 training and I have already checked that RNAV 27 LPV was available

When I use RXP GTN 750 with Prepar3d  V3, the GTN only proposes to me RNAV 27 LNAV which does not allow VNAV autopilot landing

No LPV procedures available in Europe?

I do not understand why because RXP is supposed to use Garmin GTN training on the same computer with the same Nav data 1611????

Sammy,

The LPV benefits are reducing minimums as low as to 200 Ft more likely to a ILS Cat I look-alike operations without the need for a ground-based final approach system on the airfield or in case of ILS Cat I approach unavailability.

VNAV by it's design (at the moment) it's not there yet to be capable to do an autoland. Eventually will be able to, requirements for autoland are very very different from many aspects and it is impossible to cover this topic here.

As a few Operational Benefits for LPV to mention are: reducing trajectory dispersion (predictability and noise footprint reduction). - CDA/CDFA techniques (fuel consumption reduction and noise footprint reduction). - More flexible use of airspace. 

Also LPVs offer straight-in approaches in some cases where this is not otherwise possible with conventional NPAs and they also allow the offset (angle) as in some ILS approaches. - LPVs offer the potential to remove circling approaches. 

I was looking at our OPS and by the end of this year (2018)  in EU they will have at least 440 airports with LPV 200 approaches.

Edited by killthespam
Airports in EU

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

Hi,

The issue has been identified and is now fixed for the next update. Thank you for the astute research!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

No it has not been solved!

I have updated to v 2.4.16.0 and am still unable to see any LPV procedure from french airports

Just Lnav or Vnav

Try LFMN or LFMU

Prepar3D v3 RXP GTN 750

17 hours ago, RXP said:

is now fixed for the next update

"for the next" means next, therefore not released yet!

Otherwise "in the current" means the one already released.

Hopefully not long to wait for another update, probably a silent update with the same version number will be published. We're working on a small post release item today first, but we'll announce it on the forum anyhow.

NB: silent update means you'll just have to re-download the installers from the RXP website - it won't be announced in the "check update" system.

Edited by RXP

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Thanks for your prumpt reply

I will be looked forward the next realease in the forthcoming days

A quick note to let you know GTN v2.5 update is now released and solves this, among other things! Thank you for your feedback!

We've finally decided to make it an official numbered release instead of a silent one, not only because we've also added a new feature: support for host simulation time acceleration up to 128x, but also because our product is mature enough to justify turning to the next major number: 2.5

Edited by RXP

Hello Jean-Luc

I tried an LPV approach on LFMU with the update and it does work very well.

Thank you very much for your prompt solution to this problem.

Will you collaborate with Corenado to allow vc integration of RXP GTN 750 on their planes?

Best regards

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, sammy said:

Will you collaborate with Corenado to allow vc integration of RXP GTN 750 on their planes?

What Carenado planes are you looking to include the GTN? If it comes with an F1 GTN installer it will accept the RXP GTN.

• Upvote 1

@sammy thank you for the additional feedback.

We are already working with Carenado and they have been shipping pre-configured aircraft for the Reality XP GTN and GNS V2 for X-Plane for more than a year. I'm wondering why their newest FltSim aircraft do not follow through, but I guess they are working on it. In any case, this wouldn't preclude our customers lobbying their favourite vendors!