RAM: 8gb

750gb HDD

And I just switched it over to my desktop:

CPU: 3.8 GHz

RAM: 8gb

1tb HDD, newly formatted and a brand new install of windows 10

* My desktop does not have an upgraded graphics card nor does my laptop

* All settings are on minimum

I have not run any tests on my desktop yet to see the usage of the cpu and other items. I dont believe my cpu is overheating because everything else runs perfect. 

This just doesnt make sense to me. I can actually fly a plane on my laptop with a slower processor, but not on my desktop with the same RAM and nearly twice the processing power. Any ides are welcome. Id rather not shell out extra cash for a graphics card, but I might be willing to purchase more RAM.

Your laptop has a better graphic card than your PC.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

What resolutions are the PC's?

youre certain the laptop doesn't have turbo?  Sometimes cpus will speed up when running intense apps. Do you know the exact specs of each?

I agree, if everything is the same - the desktop should be better

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

4 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

What resolutions are the PC's?

youre certain the laptop doesn't have turbo?  Sometimes cpus will speed up when running intense apps. Do you know the exact specs of each?

I agree, if everything is the same - the desktop should be better

I dont believe the laptop has turbo, but I know the desktop does. I also dont know how to find the resolution of my devices.

9 hours ago, DrunkPilot96 said:

They both have the same integrated graphics card.

As Ryan said, the resolution of your desktop is probably higher than the one of your laptop, and the GPU struggles even more.

In any case, most (or all?) integrated GPUs are below the recommended requirements for XP11. It's very probable that it's your bottleneck right now (8 GB should be enough for default scenery and min settings).

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]