Sign in to follow this  
macpilot

P3D 412 Flight Plan Saves as VBF

Why are my flight plans for P3d 412 being saved as VBF files in my Documents/Prepar3D V4 Files folder. I have XPlane 11. But I'm not using it. I looked in configuration for a why to change the file format. XPlane folder is not even filled in. In the Flt Pln tab.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

Bill,

When you SAVE a flight plan, it is always saved to whatever directory you select in the File Save As dialog that pops up and it is always saved as a .vbf file, which is the internal file format for P2A.

If you want a file saved as any other format, you must do an export and specify the desired directory in the Export window that pops up when you press the EXPORT button.

The exception to that would be when you get your plan delivered by Clearance Delivery, it will save you flight plan to the folder specified in the Auto Export Flt Plan File Paths box on the FltPln tab of config, and the format will depend on the type of SIM being used.

Dave

Dave,

I tried to thank you yesterday for your quick reply. But for some reason I was unable to post.

Bill McCracken