Sign in to follow this  
Franschhoek

Ultimate Traffic Live Application Stopped Working Error

Hi All,

I know this is the FSX SE forum, however after getting very little response on the UT Live support forum, other then a few reply from licensed users, and certainly none from the support staff, i decided to try here for any solutions to the below problem.

I purchased UT Live 2 weeks ago and it worked brilliantly. Now the application crashes when opening the interface to configure it. The dreaded UTLIve has stopped working popup appears and the program crashes.

When running FSX SE, UTLive initializes and UTLive is listed in the menu, however no traffic is injected and opening the schedule for the airport

Microsoft events list 2 errors. The first is...

Faulting application name: UTLive.exe, version: 1.1.0.0,
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.16299.334.

The second is a .NET Runtime error...

Application: UTLive.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

I have verified the install of .NET version 3.5 SP1 with no issues reported using the .net verification tool.

All other addons, and i have many in my FSX SE, run with no problems.

I find it disconcerting that UT Live and many other addons by Flight1 have no direct support contact, unlike other expensive addon developers such as PMDG. I have never, in all my years of simming, had to contact any addon developer for support for a problem. This is the first addon that I have purchased that has ever crashed. I have searched Google high and low looking for a solution and in vain so far.

Any help from Avsim's experienced users would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Gary Scott
Franschhoek, South Africa

Similar problem reported in the CTD Forum with a suggested fix by me - https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/534843-p3d-v42-closes-down-not-crashing/

There is really no known fix for a kernelbase.dll error or dotnet runtime error other than the dotnet runtime error indicates something was not installed properly or is not compatible.  The AVSIM CTD Guide provides possible solutions for the kernelbase.dll error.  Whenever I had problems with UTLive (and I did but it did not not generate the errors you are having), I simply uninstalled/reinstalled and kept doing that until no more errors.  It turned out it really wasn't the installation of UTLive that was causing my problems so that's why I had to reinstall several times.  Now it is running perfectly.  The problem you have is not necessarily caused by UTLive.  UTLive just happened to be running when you got the kernelbase.dll and/or dotnet error.  Again, the dotnet error indicates something is not installed properly.  When you install it, make sure you run as administrator.  For FSX-SE, make sure it is running as administrator too when starting it up.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the response. Much appreciated. I will try to reinstall it a couple of times as you suggest. I did submit a ticket for the 30 day refund, however i did send it to the customer service. Kathy from Flight 1 said she would forward this to the developer and to hold off from requesting a refund until the developer addressed the situation.

I did note that the .net runtime error was for .net version 4. According to the Flight1 product page it says .net version 3.5 is required. In the utl_client.exe.config it has the following:

<configuration>
  <startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">
    <supportedRuntime version="v4.0"/>
  </startup>
</configuration>

Could this have something to do with the problem as i do have .net v3.5 installed on my PC.

Anyway thanks again for the advice, i will certainly try it.

kind Regards
Gary Scott
Franschhoek, South Africa

The configuration file says the same as mine.  You should have dotnet 3.5, 4.0.30319, 3.0, and 2.0.50727 for P3DV4.  The kernelbase.dll was triggered by UTLive and caused the crash.  According to the Internet at various flight simulation forums, the kernelbase.dll was fixed by:

Kernelbase.dll – A system file so a problem with your computer system.  FSX or P3D just happened to be running when the event occurred.  Related to StackHash errors and NTDLL.dll errors (see below).  No known fix but some have solved this problem by -

• Settings too high.  Rebuild FSX/P3D config.
  • Updating or reinstalling their video card drivers. 
  • Scanning your system for corrupt/missing files.
  • Disable startup programs by typing msconfig in the Windows search box.  When open, look at the Startup tab and disable all startups (they are all not needed for operation of your computer).
  • User Profile Corrupted – last resort, fix possible corrupted user profile.

Disable the dll.xml in the same folder as your fsx.cfg by changing to dll.off.  Restart and see if the problem occurs again. 

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

There is no fix for a kernelbase.dll error.  You have to investigate and try to find out why it was thrown when you started up FSX-SE.  The probable fixes I have shown above for the kernelbase.dll were fixes for other reasons why FSX-SE crashed.  Sometimes it will say the faulting module is FSX-SE or P3D or FSX.  The second crash, a dotnet unexplained exception error indicates a bad installation of something (could be UTL but a lot of programs are being activated and ran whenever you start up FSX-SE.  Anyone of those programs could trigger the unexplained exception).  Many members who get a kernelbase error will eventually get a StackHash or ntdll.dll error indicating a back overclock.  So, there is nothing wrong with UTL other than it just happened to be running when the crash occurred.  I wish there was a way to completely identify the exact cause of a crash when Windows shuts down an application.  There is not.  They just provide a clue and the dotnet unhandled exception and kernelbase.dll errors are clues.  I have uninstalled/reinstalled FSX many times as I'll get an error and I cannot find a solution.  Once I reinstalled Windows and then FSX and every addon but it was worth it as it fixed my problem.

Submit News to AVSIM