Sign in to follow this  
Niku

Quality Wings Dispatcher Error on Startup

Just got my hands on the Quality Wings 787's. Unfortunately, I have been unable to install liveries for these aircraft due to the Dispatcher error. Whenever I launch QW Dispatcher, I get the same error every time (Microsoft FSX or P3D path could not be found). I have seen many fixes for this problem for P3D, but not FSX-SE as of yet. I know that it's a registry issue, so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Try a Google search for Quality Wings 787 Hot Fixes.  I found it but it seems to be on a Facebook site.  One of the fixes is for FSX-SE and for the Dispatcher error.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

The problem is still persisting after downloading both hotfixes. Most of the solutions for the P3D version of this was to do with changing the registry. Any ideas? 

Ok, so from my very limited knowledge of the registry, it seems to me like the dispatcher is looking for fsx in LOCAL_MACHINE, when for every other add on I have it looks in CURRENT_USER. If I'm correct here (which I'm guessing I'm not), how can I make dispatcher look for fsx at that location? Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

I found the following on the Quality Wings website - http://qwsim.flight1.net/forums/qw146-dispatcher-path_topic6481.html

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

This is for P3D, I've tried this earlier and it doesn't work. I'm at a loss as to how to fix this.

1 hour ago, Niku said:

This is for P3D

P3D is based from FSX.  In any case, when you own a product that requires you to go into the registry to fix it so it will run properly, and you have all of the updates/hotfixes installed, then it tells me the product is not compatible.  Messing with EULA's is not tolerated here.  If Quality Wings cannot fix it then you are evidently messing with their EULA.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10