Sign in to follow this  
Thomasso

GPU sleeping while playing P3D v4

13 hours ago, Slayer said:

P3DV4 can easily exceed 8 GB , especially with addons so your going to get a lot of slow downs and spiky FPS as your swapfile is starting to get used. Is your swapfile located on your SSD or on your HDD? If not moving it to the SSD would give some perf back because of the huge difference in transfer rates. 

I would check your performance on your water cooling before removing it from the CPU. If you do, clean it all off and put a dime size spot of heat conductive paste back on and reseat it again. Too much paste can be bad too.

Make sure your radiator is clean. I have a H115i too and the way it comes out of the box will pack the radiator with dust under the fans and you cant see it. Open Corsair LINK and make sure you have performance mode enabled too while your at it, I didn't care for the default settings, too warm.

Thanks for the tips. I was using Corsair Link but it broke and I'm unable to fix it. It can't be started nor uninstalled. Not even via CCleaner. So I'm stuck. Have no idea what caused it. I will probably write on Corsair support but I don't have any hopes.

You might be right about the RAM. Check this: https://ibb.co/nNTsRn ... The red spikes mean that the entire PC froze, couldn't even move cursor. Could that be caused by tinsufficient RAM? If I set P3D's priority to normal, it gets better. 

I've got Windows on SSD, but P3D and all add-ons on HDD. 

Edited by Thomasso

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

Sounds like a permissions issue if you can't uninstall properly. Have you tried to download the newest corsair link from their website and run it as admin and instead just upgrade it(it will install over the old one)? that may work for you. I suspect you are on the default profile that puts more emphasis on sound vs cooling.

V4 is decent with memory management and will only show around 3 GB used on my system but if you have GPU-Z  and check video memory being used it is up over 6 GB  and I'm not running a lot of payware. Spikes can be caused byt lots of things and its been discussed a few times her before so i won't rehash that. but should you run short on any resource be it processing power , memory , GPU or GPU memory  - framerate spikes are almost a certainty.

15 hours ago, Slayer said:

Sounds like a permissions issue if you can't uninstall properly. Have you tried to download the newest corsair link from their website and run it as admin and instead just upgrade it(it will install over the old one)? that may work for you. I suspect you are on the default profile that puts more emphasis on sound vs cooling.

V4 is decent with memory management and will only show around 3 GB used on my system but if you have GPU-Z  and check video memory being used it is up over 6 GB  and I'm not running a lot of payware. Spikes can be caused byt lots of things and its been discussed a few times her before so i won't rehash that. but should you run short on any resource be it processing power , memory , GPU or GPU memory  - framerate spikes are almost a certainty.

Managed to install Corsair Link, it was really messed up, but after 2 hours I succeeded :D Now I'm able to keep CPU below 80 °C, but still it's strange. I will check the installation of the pump when I have some time and mood for it.

I still get the spikes though. There are phases when it lags once in every 5-10 seconds and it lasts for a few seconds. Then it's okay again, like completely. No idea what causes it. 

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5