Sign in to follow this  
Dean_EGTC

New user - FS Labs A320 problem

Hi,

what do you want to achieve?

What you have assigned is, if you press a button, you e.g. throttle down to zero (F1) and if you hold then the button (on repeat), you dial the SPD in the Autopilot.

Or have you reassigned the F1 key in the P3D options?

Günter

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Gunter,

What I am trying to achieve is just by pressing and holding F1 I will decrease speed, holding F2 will increase speed, F3 -> decrease heading, F4 ->increase heading, F5 -> decrease altitude, F6 -> increase altitude

I have removed all corresponding P3D control assignments.

Are you saying I have to press a joystick button AND hold the F key as well?  I hope not.  I only have the partial use of my left hand. No right.

Thanks for your help.

-Dean

Ah hah.  I have now just discovered if I hold the joysticks buttons the dials do indeed increase and decrease but....I thought the whole point of selecting a keypress was to substitute the joystick button for a keypress instead.  Am I failing to understand something here?

2 hours ago, Dean_EGTC said:

Am I failing to understand something here?

seems so ;)

ok, what you have done is to advice LINDA:

when I press button 2, then send my F1 key to the sim (what is normally throttle down to zero)

when I hold then button 2, execute VC GSLD FCU SPD dec function,what means SPD knob in the FSLabs AP panel

You simply have to assign that VC GSLD FCU SPD dec to "On Press". You can keep it at "on Repeat" if you need it when you kepp the button pressed, o you have to remove it then.

To clarify:

"on press", means function is executed when you press a button

"on repeat", you have the button pressed and hold it now

"on release", when you release the button (important for e.g. light switches or similar when you switch things on and off.

Edited by guenseli

Guenter Steiner

Ah, then I've misunderstood LINDA's functions.  I want to be able to press just a single key to rotate the dials; no joystick involved.  I had exactly the same problem in X Plane with the FF A320.  Fortunately someone had written a Plugin which enables you to activate any control with any keystroke(s).

Sorry for the confusion.

Ah ok,

no, LINDA is not able to send its functions from a keyboard.

You could achieve this however with FSUIPC. You have to read how to make LUA scripts with ipc.parameters. Then you have to make your own scripts which you could then execute with keystrokes through FSUIPC.

It's a bit complicated maybe at beginning and hard to explain in short, but would solve your problem.

Have a look into the FSUIPC Documentation.

Guenter Steiner

Yes, I have looked at that.  Unfortunately if it's anything like creating macros, then it's not as yet possible with P3D v4.  Pete has said he is not sure when he will get around to adding into FSUIPC.

No, it is possible and has nothing to do with macros.

You have to make a LUA script and execute it then via a FSUIPC keystroke. (Or in other words, you assign that LUA script to a keystroke via FSUIPC)

The difficult thing is just to make that LUA script. You could use the current LINDA FSLabs parts of the code. But you need programing knowledge and experience with LUA.

Guenter Steiner

The latest version of FSUIPC includes mouse macros for P3Dv4.  (Thanks Pete!)

It is now possible to write lua scripts which use macros to push buttons, such as APU, APU Start, APU Bleed, the Fuel Pumps, etc.

The macros I've created work well, but require two lines, such as:

[Macros]
1=apu
1.1=RX20203,10
1.2=RX20203,3
2=apustart
2.1=RX20204,10
2.2=RX20204,3

The first line positions the mouse and the second is a left button press.

Read the documentation.  The documentation does note that the numbers after the R are a reference provided by P3D to the mouse rectangle and are probably local and not transferable.

Alan Davies

Yes.  But the parameters have changed a bit after an update to FSUIPC, which I think was tied to P3Dv4.4.  This works for me now.

1=apu=RX23c03806,3
2=apustart=RX23c03807,3
3=apubleed=RX23c02804,3

These also work for me:

fpl1 is Fuel Pump Left 1, etc.

abmax and abmed are Autobrakes

terr is FO Terrain button

fdl and fdr are Flight Director L and R

4=extpwr=RX23c03009,3
5=fpl1=RX23c01805,3
6=fpl2=RX23c01806,3
7=fpc1=RX23c01807,3
8=fpc2=RX23c01808,3
9=fpr1=RX23c0180b,3
10=fpr2=RX23c0180c,3
11=abmax=RX2200380d,3
12=terr=RX22003809,3
13=fdl=RX40000005,3
14=fdr=RX40000024,3
15=abmed=RX2200380c,3

Also noted above, the numbers after the R are a reference provided by P3D to the mouse rectangle and are probably local and not transferable.  So you may have to find the mouse rectangle on your system using FSUIPC.  But who knows, maybe these will work for you.

Alan Davies