Sign in to follow this  
BatBanco

Carenado SVS - “TER ERR” in G1000 PFD

Hello avsim community :-)

At first I’m new to this forum and english is not my native language. So please show mercy. :-)

I have a problem with my fresh installed FSX, the Carenado Phenom 300, and the Carenado Synthetic Vision System.

(these are the only DLC I have currently installed)

When I load my flight I’m keep receiving an TER ERR message in my Garmin PFD. 

I read the SVS manual trouble shooting page and it says that when I receive this ERR, then the SVS is not installed or wongly configured and that I have to contact their support (which I did but haven’t got an answer yet).

Firewall also allow the data traffic and the anti virus was disabled when I tried everything 

And as I said, I made a clean install of everything and also every drivers are up to date.

Im running out of ideas on what could cause the problem. :-( 

Any ideas? It would make me happy :-)

Specs: WIN 10 64Bit, GTX 980TI, I7 4790k, 16gb RAM, FSX SE

Recommend you review the following topic in the Carenado Forum -

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for your help, but I still have no idea on what to do. They dont have the same issue that I have. And everything they suggested to do, I already did.

I replied with my problem to the thread, maybe they know what to do.

Thanks

You ran svs.exe in the C172SP folder (FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado_C172SP_G1000)?  That will install SVS.  If you do not have the C172SP installed, I am clueless as to where the svs.exe is located.

Once installed, you will have to reinstall the Phenom300 v2.1. 

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I only own the Phenom 300 + TBM850 + Phenom 300 Navigraph Extension + SVS.

I wanted to unistall everything when a saw something strange in the windows unistall "program"

It says I have the Carenado C172 SP G1000 installed ..., a DLC I do not own, therefore the Synthetic vision is missing. When I try to uninstall it, it gives me a directory where the suspicious exe is located, but when I go to that directory there is no "Carenado Installer Setup" inside.

I´ve searched my entire HDD for an "Carenado C172 SP G1000" or a "SVS.exe" without any sucess (and yes, I enabled hidden folders and data).

This is driving me crazy. Did carenado mess up their packeging? Otherwise I can not immagine why there is a C172 uninstaller without a real directory.

I read the installation part in the SVS manual again and it says the following:

"By default, aircraft doesn ́t have SVS installed. In order to install it you have run the “SVS.exe” file. Just double click on this file to install it. The “SVS.exe file is located at the following folder:

Sim\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado_C172SP_G1000"

There is no folder or the SVS.exe in that directory or even on my hard drive.

Im confused :(

I think Carenado did not update their SVS user guide as they refer to C172 G1000 which was the first aircraft they put SVS and that was an option that you could install by using SVS.exe program. In other aircraft it is no longer needed as SVS is installed by separate setup program, so forget what is in the user guide which referes to SVS.exe and C172.

try running start.bat from gauge/Carenado_WebSimConnect. it should start "Synthetic Vision helper app" on windows tray which is announced by a message. Then start FSX/P3D and select your aircraft. 

ZS

• Like 1

On 1/12/2020 at 12:56 PM, Mark Niebauer said:

Has anyone found a fix for this yet?

Carenado Tech support just passed the blame on me and send they would give me a refund . . . Figures.  They really dont want to provide support for this thing!

I have the same issue. it is crazy that they decided to give you a refund. There must be something to do to fix this problem. 

On 1/12/2020 at 3:56 PM, Mark Niebauer said:

Has anyone found a fix for this yet?

In the manual (which you indicate is not installed yet) it states:

"SVS installation

By default,aircraft doesn ́t have SVS installed. In order to install it you have run the “SVS.exe” file. Just double click on this file to install it.The “SVS.exefile is located at the following folder:Sim\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado_C172SP_G1000"

First of all, did you download SVS from Carenado after purchasing?  It is named SVS.zip.  Unzip.  They do not tell you to install this file (the developers of SVS, not Carenado).  Run SVS.exe as an Admin.  Enter email used for the purchase and SN.  Choose which flightsim you want to install the product in.  This install file is what is very confusing as the guide said SVS.exe would be located in the SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado_C172SP_G1000.  The install file is the same name as the name of the file in the G1000 folder.  The file you download from Carenado was simply a method to get SVS registered with your e-mail address and serial number.  It also installs SVS.exe in the C172SP\G1000 folder.  This is the actual installation file as the guide states.  Right click and run SVS.exe as an Admin.  The installer will place the following entry in your dll.xml:

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>WebSimXML</Name>
        <Disabled>False</Disabled>
        <Path>.\WebSimBrowser\2.1\64\WebSimXML.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>

For those who have SVS installed, it will only work in the C172SP.  Any other aircraft you want it installed in, you have to uninstall and reinstall so it can have the gauge installed.

As stated in the manual, there is a firewall exception:

" Firewall exception

"On the first run, the Windows Defender/Firewall alert will pop up, asking to confirm the WebSimSVS.exe access to network. WebSimSVS.exe is local http server that communicates on port 4444 with the FSX/P3D through tcp/ip protocol on localhost ONLY. It is 100% secure and safe."

You may not see this as sometimes the pop up gets hidden behind the P3D Window.  Also, the AVAST anti-virus program will block it from running.  You will have to run exceptions for two executables in AVAST.

If you still have problems and get the TER ERROR, then Carenado has a recommendation - https://carenado.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003010854-C172SP-SVS-TER-ERR

Lastly, the guide states your GPU may not be compatible- "TER FAILerror at start-up.When PFD alert shows TER FAIL alert during start it means your GPU or its driver is not suitable for SVS rendering. This is a case for some older GPU units (mainly AMD). You can try updating your GPU"

Hope this helps.

Jim

• Upvote 1

Submit News to AVSIM

Tried all of it. Im 20yr IT.  No help from Carenado. This seemed to start after I updated to the P3d 4.5 SDK . . 

Edited by Mark Niebauer
additions

17 hours ago, Jim Young said:

In the manual (which you indicate is not installed yet) it states:

"SVS installation

By default,aircraft doesn ́t have SVS installed. In order to install it you have run the “SVS.exe” file. Just double click on this file to install it.The “SVS.exefile is located at the following folder:Sim\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado_C172SP_G1000"

First of all, did you download SVS from Carenado after purchasing?  It is named SVS.zip.  Unzip.  They do not tell you to install this file (the developers of SVS, not Carenado).  Run SVS.exe as an Admin.  Enter email used for the purchase and SN.  Choose which flightsim you want to install the product in.  This install file is what is very confusing as the guide said SVS.exe would be located in the SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado_C172SP_G1000.  The install file is the same name as the name of the file in the G1000 folder.  The file you download from Carenado was simply a method to get SVS registered with your e-mail address and serial number.  It also installs SVS.exe in the C172SP\G1000 folder.  This is the actual installation file as the guide states.  Right click and run SVS.exe as an Admin.  The installer will place the following entry in your dll.xml:

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>WebSimXML</Name>
        <Disabled>False</Disabled>
        <Path>.\WebSimBrowser\2.1\64\WebSimXML.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>

For those who have SVS installed, it will only work in the C172SP.  Any other aircraft you want it installed in, you have to uninstall and reinstall so it can have the gauge installed.

As stated in the manual, there is a firewall exception:

" Firewall exception

"On the first run, the Windows Defender/Firewall alert will pop up, asking to confirm the WebSimSVS.exe access to network. WebSimSVS.exe is local http server that communicates on port 4444 with the FSX/P3D through tcp/ip protocol on localhost ONLY. It is 100% secure and safe."

You may not see this as sometimes the pop up gets hidden behind the P3D Window.  Also, the AVAST anti-virus program will block it from running.  You will have to run exceptions for two executables in AVAST.

If you still have problems and get the TER ERROR, then Carenado has a recommendation - https://carenado.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003010854-C172SP-SVS-TER-ERR

Lastly, the guide states your GPU may not be compatible- "TER FAILerror at start-up.When PFD alert shows TER FAIL alert during start it means your GPU or its driver is not suitable for SVS rendering. This is a case for some older GPU units (mainly AMD). You can try updating your GPU"

Hope this helps.

Jim

I appreciate your attempt to help. I tried all of this and so much more. Carenado just wanted to give me a refund and did not want to help. Im pretty sure its not SVS and is a problem with their 1000 gauge. But they refuse to acknowledge it nor find out why.

I have to agree with Carenado.  Thousands have successfully installed this program.  I had exactly the same problem as you had until I did some searching on the Internet and found I had not installed SVS.exe in the G1000 folder.  But understand your frustrations.  I think they could have had an installer that first registered the program and activated it and then stated something like we will now install the program on your computer.  Which aircraft to you want to install this gauge?

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Hi all, just made it work!!!! Only difference is that I selected FSX in the installer and not FSX Steam. Do not ask me why but it solved my issue !!! After 3 days of investigation. Hope it will solve yours. 

No more Terr Err message and a fully functional SVS 🙂 

Thanks all for your help and comments!!

• Like 1