Sign in to follow this  
macpilot

Predicted Altitude and Speed not working

A couple of days ago I went through the 747 tutorial using the House 747 described. All went well. Yesterday I tried the same tutorial using the United 747 version I downloaded from PMDG. When I came to calculate the "Predicted Altitude and Speeds" it would not calculate. I tried the tutorial several times with the same United 747. I know it says to use the House version for the tutorial. Does this mean that some of the PMDG add-on aircraft may have this problem.

One other note. I tried to set the panel state to short several times with this same aircraft and P3D version 4.2 crashed to desktop every time.

Windows 10

P3D Version 4.2

KDEN airport gate A 41

Bill McCracken

8 minutes ago, macpilot said:

I know it says to use the House version for the tutorial. Does this mean that some of the PMDG add-on aircraft may have this problem.

Hi bill. You need to provide more detail so People Here Can figure out exactly what is happening. The FMCS in 744 has 2 Sub systems Called FMC which can be accessed through 3 CDUs ( Incase if you don't know the Architecture ). about the FMC Predected Speed/Altitude you need to provide more detail and if possible Picture of the issue which you are referring to since there is only once case for me which FMC can not calculate the required result and that is where the Aircraft is in Overweight condition and I'm using TO2 / CLB 2 Profile for derated takeoff and climb. So please if it is possible Provide some pictures and more detail.

Cheers

-S.

Saman,

Thanks for your quick reply. But I don't understand the need for additional information. If I followed the description in the tutorial (Which I did) what additional information is required? On page 0.00.45 is a picture of what I'm talking about. I don't get the predicted altitudes and speeds shown there. Every one of the previous pictures in the tutorial match what I have.

I hope this helps.

Bill McCracken 

51 minutes ago, macpilot said:

I hope this helps.

Ok , I'm gonna look at the tutorial now because to be honest I never use the Tutorial, I just follow the FCOM for learning the Airplane. I will keep you informed.

-S.

Saman,

Aircraft is in Overweight condition this comment had me go back through the tutorial. I noticed on page 0.00.42 that my ZFW was already filed in. Per the tutorial on page 0,00.21 on the Payload page had me enter 520.0. Which I did. When clicked LSK 3L 520.0 was not copied to the scratch pad. I continued on and still no Predicted Altitude and Speeds calculated.

Bill McCracken

3 minutes ago, macpilot said:

still no Predicted Altitude and Speeds calculated

Bill.

Aright. I'm into it. I'm checking out. just for the record. Can you just give me your Route info ( Departure Airport Code, your chosen SID, Route, STAR, Destination Airport Code ) so I can follow them as well ?

-S.

19 minutes ago, macpilot said:

Saman,

Aircraft is in Overweight condition this comment had me go back through the tutorial. I noticed on page 0.00.42 that my ZFW was already filed in. Per the tutorial on page 0,00.21 on the Payload page had me enter 520.0. Which I did. When clicked LSK 3L 520.0 was not copied to the scratch pad. I continued on and still no Predicted Altitude and Speeds calculated.

Bill McCracken

I'm finding it hard to follow this, and I have done the tutorial and I'm familiar with the QOTSII, because we are now jumping from one problem to another.  We started with no VNAV solution and now we are looking at setting weight.  I know the tutorial and the UA livery aircraft are both PW engines but I'm not sure how many other of the 300 equipment options are the same.  If you cannot set up the PERF page then you will not be able to get a VNAV solution.  Other things that will inhibit the solution are such common errors as not EXEC the route.

Maybe we should try to figure out why you show an overweight indication with 520.0 klbs ZFW and why that LSB is not copying the value to scratchpad.  Is there a carrot '>' symbol next the the GW value?  See what this means in the Introduction document if there is.

Dan Downs KCRP

23 minutes ago, macpilot said:

There's a reason that we have you in the house livery in the tutorial, and that reason is that we've determined that everything will match up. The different liveries have all kinds of different options that might throw a wrench in your procedures if you're not used to them.

The lack of performance data, and the seeming surprise at the ZFW being filled out, I think, points to this. Not a bad thing. Just something to note.

I'm not sure what options the United livery uses, but take a look at the Gross Weight line on the PERF INIT, I'm willing to bet you might see a little '<' next to it, asking you to confirm the value.

Kyle Rodgers

3 minutes ago, downscc said:

Is there a carrot '>' symbol next the the GW value?

Exactly. That was something I was also about to ask. Thanks Dan for pointing out.

-S.

2 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

asking you to confirm the value.

Hey Kyle. Sorry If I couldn't help him as fast as expected :(

3 minutes ago, Samany69 said:

Hey Kyle. Sorry If I couldn't help him as fast as expected :(

haha - don't be sorry. Glad that you, Dan, and myself, are on the same page.

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

1 minute ago, scandinavian13 said:

haha - don't be sorry. Glad that you, Dan, and myself, are on the same page.

You are lovely you know that ? ... thanks for being kind bro. 

Cheers.

-S.

• Like 1

WOW!

Have I gathered a crowd. First thanks to everyone.

OK! I went back and selected the House version as identified in the tutorial. Set it at KDEN Gate A41. Then started following the steps in the tutorial. This time the ZFW on the PERF INIT page was blank. The only difference was that this time I used the HOUSE 747 identified in the tutorial. Not the PMDG 747-422 United Airlines (N127UA | 2017). So can someone tell me what I've been doing wrong. Please!

Saman the route information your are asking for is the same as in the tutorial.

Thanks again to everyone.

Bill McCracken

3 minutes ago, macpilot said:

The only difference was that this time I used the HOUSE 747 identified in the tutorial. Not the PMDG 747-422 United Airlines (N127UA | 2017). So can someone tell me what I've been doing wrong. Please!

Kyle already did: there are various customer options that determine precisely how the CDU appears and functions, which in the PMDG 744 are livery and registration specific. United, it would seem, have an option which uses weight sensors in the landing gear to estimate the weight of the aircraft, hence why the ZFW was filled in (the aircraft had determined it for itself).

However, you need to confirm the weight estimated by the aircraft (which in the real thing is probably less reliable than in the sim). You do this I think by clicking the LSK next to the ZFW, which (I think) should turn the small font ZFW figure to large font and remove the caret.

Simon,

Thanks for the information.

I obviously have to do more research on the aircraft I use for a given flight.

Right now I'm on my way to KSFO from KDEN using the House 747.

P3D v4.2

All ORBX Scenery

Pilot2ATC

EFB System 

Thanks again to all. If anyone can add any additional information regarding this topic. Please reply.

BTW earlier I mentioned CTD when setting panel state to short. This happened with House and United both. I probably need to read more about Panel State.

Bill McCracken