Sign in to follow this  
Bruce953

v2.5.0.0, XP11, Win 10-ATC confused about descent?

I could be wrong but on several flights ATC no longer anticipates TOD or descent instructions.

For info

Bruce

I could be wrong too ;) but I've seen this behaviour as well but it seems to me to be a function of the length of the STAR, not the TOD point.

P2A seems to like to give you the "Expect the xxx arrival with the xxx transition" call a short time before arriving at the first waypoint of the STAR. Then it will give you the descent instructions just before your TOD. If they line up that way.

However, if you have a very short STAR where your TOD is before that first waypoint of the STAR, I have had flights where I just blow through the TOD before getting any kind of clearance to descend. It's gotten to a point where if I am planning an arrival with a short distance STAR, I program in one of the  hold points into my FMC so that I can use the hold to shed altitude knowing that I will be getting a late clearance. 

Alternatively, you can always ask ATC for a flight level change to 6000 feet or something just before your TOD, descend and the ATC will catch up with you with descent instructions while you are doing it.

p

Yes, I agree with your post.  I report this issue because I feel it is a significant change with the latest release, is all.  Also yesterday I had atc telling me to climb to 7000' when almost at the GS capture and maybe that indicates that approach details had not been recognised at all.  This is not something I've had with p2atc before, so just for info really.

Hi All,

I'm seeing the same behaviour. No descent instructions and ATC keeps asking to maintain cruise altitude. No hand off to next center or approach.

@Dave, I sent you a log by email.,

Thansk,
Fabrice

Fabrice Lambert

Fabrice,

Thanks for the log.  There is a bug that has been fixed for the next update that is causing the program to malfunction just before you get the arrival information and that ruins the rest of the flight.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

Thanks a lot! You will always impress me on how fast you are to reply and fix the issues... :-)

Thanks,

Fabrice

Fabrice Lambert

Is this strictly an issue with XP flight plans or does this happen with P3D plans also?

NAX669.png

Dave,

I just tried v2.5.0.1 and all went well.

Thanks a lot,

Fabrice

Fabrice Lambert