Sign in to follow this  
Mithras

Engine Quits - Lose Hydraulic Power

When I lose an engine, or practic engine out operations, the hydraulic pump quits (as it should) and neither the flaps nor the gear will extend. THat is OK. BUt, does the manual gear lever work? ! I've tried pumping this repeatedly but nothing seems to happen and I always have to conduct a bellylanding. Is the manual lever pump modelled at all???

Hi! 

The pump hidráulic is on the left engine, but I have shutdown this engine and never have lost the flaps or gear control, even I shutdown the right engine and nothing happens. Seems that the hidráulic system in the aztec is not simulated. Like Ray Marshall confirm in his review. 

Do you have noticed the bug on the tied CHT to the right engine?  Both indicator show the right engine, the left engine don't have CHT Temp, only when you fired up the right engine. And there is not variation when you have open or closed the cowl flaps on the temps.... 

This bug keep the aztec in my hangar....  

I have not noticed that CHT error, I will check. I am also using RealEngine, so sometimes my engine quits due to bad use, then I lose my gear, Maybe its a RealEngine problem, I will check! 

Check the CHT, are tied to de Right Engine, and i cant get to the code for fix this, 

Sad that this great plane have this kind of bug,

Redgars

ROB

Checked! Yes, when the left engine is cut and feathered, the hydraulic pump stops working and I cannot (and should not be able to) lower the gear. Can I use the manual PUMP??? It doesn't seem to work for me - maybe I give up to quickly. 

On 4/12/2018 at 11:37 PM, Mithras said:

When I lose an engine, or practic engine out operations, the hydraulic pump quits (as it should) and neither the flaps nor the gear will extend. THat is OK. BUt, does the manual gear lever work? ! I've tried pumping this repeatedly but nothing seems to happen and I always have to conduct a bellylanding. Is the manual lever pump modelled at all???

oohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah baby. ALABEO get me on this one.......... this is one thing that ive never experimented on others CAREBEO planes, ........... las night get to get myself confirmed about the hidraulic pump, and yeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssss as it should, shutdown the left engine and you will loose your hidraulic power, none flaps none gear, so following the procedure i used the manual gear lever down on the throttle cuadrant, did not do anthing seems an eye candy only, but i remember those days on Combat Flight Simulator when you need CNTROL G to get the gear down manually, and get about 10 times CNTROL G in the aztec... the gear went down and secure...... 

Them shut down the right engine, and everything works as usually, this aztec have one hidraulic pump, the aztec that i usually fly have two pumps, one in each engine.

So, great work Alabeo on this one,

Redgars

RB

Really Robert? Its as simple as Control G? I guess I can map that to a switch too... I'll have a test fly. Oh boy, I hope you've found the answer there! Thanks for the reply! 

Wow! It works. Fantastic..... many thanks Robert. You are awesome!

• Like 1