Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

Aerosoft Douglas DC-8 released!

Great! I'm intrigued to buy however looking for system description the product page just says "In-depth simulation of more than 10 aircraft systems". If anyone who bought it could say an opinion about how deep is the system simulation it would be really appreciated.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Hi Folks,

Yeah - followed the development efforts on FSDeveloper for years before it went to Aerosoft - looks like a quality effort and Paul Golding was a beta tester - I'm intrigued...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I had been following the discussion of the DC8 over at FSDeveloper and then at Aerosoft since day one. On impulse, bought it this morning. Had a look at it in P3Dv4.2 on the ramp at EDDM. Looks and sounds great. Seems to be a problem with the pax/fuel/cargo loader...I posted in the Aerosoft DC8 forum about it. Mathijs is looking into it.

Didn't have time for more than a cursory look before work. Going to start going through the manuals later today.

Really can't say how in-depth the systems are at this point.

Regards,

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

5 hours ago, Daedalus said:

Great! I'm intrigued to buy however looking for system description the product page just says "In-depth simulation of more than 10 aircraft systems". If anyone who bought it could say an opinion about how deep is the system simulation it would be really appreciated.

Ok, I gave it a shot. I was too curious to wait :) I'm certainly not experienced in the DC-8 but with a first look in the cockpit it seems a detailed simulation certainly worth investing time learning.

Ug1MRDU.jpg

Edited by Daedalus
  • Like 2

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

4 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Paul Golding

Wow, I haven't heard that name in years since his Dreamfleet 727. If this DC-8 has his approval then I'm buying.

Hi Bill,

Hah - yeah - still remember Paul stating he was going to make a DC8 - I know he was on the beta for this one - I don't know if this has his seal of approval though... Just a note of caution - but - yeah - Paul's involvement does carry a lot of weight with me...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

If he is part of this project I will buy it. The 727 Paul made was better than anything that we see today for the triple-holer.

JeffG

Jeffrey Gerbert

Good to see some interest in the aircraft here!

I'm Michael Cependa the principal developer of the Aerosoft DC-8.

Paul Golding was a beta tester on the aircraft, but not involved in the development, aside from pointing out areas for improvement in the beta. 

Having said that, the Dreamfleet  727 was the first airliner I bought for FS and was part of the inspiration for this project. I always wanted another classic airliner with proper EPR readings you could use to set power, real performance charts and in depth systems. It was one of the reasons I made the aircraft. 

I'll have to figure out out to update my profile so I show as a commercial member -- think I need to do that.

Edited by Michael2
profile doesn't show me as commercial member
  • Like 3

Michael Cependa

Developer Aerosoft DC-8

38 minutes ago, Michael Cependa said:

I'll have to figure out out to update my profile so I show as a commercial member -- think I need to do that.

We'll take care of it Michael.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Purchased, I love classic airliners ... need to make some time for this one, videos look exceptional and the addition of TrueGlass was icing on the cake ... I'm a huge fan of TrueGlass (and RealLight) and it's being incorporated into more and more aircraft.

Cheers, Rob.

15 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Purchased, I love classic airliners ... need to make some time for this one, videos look exceptional and the addition of TrueGlass was icing on the cake ... I'm a huge fan of TrueGlass (and RealLight) and it's being incorporated into more and more aircraft.

Cheers, Rob.

Anytime for one of your famous videos Rob?

Mario Di Lauro

I wonder if it has an INS?  That would really be neat if it did.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB