Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

Aerosoft Douglas DC-8 released!

Seen many DC8's in real life, never ever saw a smokeless version. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I would buy this if they did the later cargo variants. I don't fly in a retro world (considered cresting one a few years back, though), and the hole I want to fill right now is something for cargo ops.

I agree that Paul's name brings a lot to the table. His 2d freeware panels for FS2002 (I think) were part of the reason I got hooked on FS. The night lighting options were amazing.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

2 hours ago, qqwertzde said:

Anyone else has problems with frame rates?

I don't have it yet but try disabling true glass from the P3D menu for a test

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

19 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I did

9 hours ago, Michael Cependa said:

Good to see some interest in the aircraft here!

I'm Michael Cependa the principal developer of the Aerosoft DC-8.

Paul Golding was a beta tester on the aircraft, but not involved in the development, aside from pointing out areas for improvement in the beta. 

Having said that, the Dreamfleet  727 was the first airliner I bought for FS and was part of the inspiration for this project. I always wanted another classic airliner with proper EPR readings you could use to set power, real performance charts and in depth systems. It was one of the reasons I made the aircraft. 

I'll have to figure out out to update my profile so I show as a commercial member -- think I need to do that.

Welcome, Michael.  I bought your DC-8 and I'm really excited to try it out. Hopefully, I'll get a chance this weekend.  It sure looks great in the pictures.

52 minutes ago, signmanbob said:

I bought your DC-8 and I'm really excited to try it out. Hopefully, I'll get a chance this weekend.  It sure looks great in the pictures

I hope you like it Bob. Be sure to look at the Aerosoft support forum, sticky post at the top, before you load it up. 

• Upvote 1

Michael Cependa

Developer Aerosoft DC-8

10 hours ago, Michael Cependa said:

I always wanted another classic airliner with proper EPR readings you could use to set power, real performance charts and in depth systems. It was one of the reasons I made the aircraft. 

Great, that sounds like a heart and soul project.

Time for a break after roughly 500 hours FSL A320. I`m curious how to handle the workload, the DC-8 checklist is shocking if used to one page in the A320 :biggrin:

Edited by mikealpha

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

The workload is manageable.  If you start from cold and dark, there's a lot to do before you line up on the runway.  But it eases off quite a bit after takeoff. There are a few things to do during cruise: fuel management, DME updates of the INS and setting thrust from time to time as your weight goes down, but you have a lot of time available during that phase of flight. 

Many of the items on the checklists are just checking things rather than flipping switches, so if you get too busy, a lot of it can be skipped. 

• Like 2

Michael Cependa

Developer Aerosoft DC-8

I'm eager to see video reviews of this aircraft and to hear more about it before I buy it. I'm a huge fan of the 707 and DC-8.

Wow, so this is the same project I followed years ago on FSDeveloper? I’m thrilled to see that it culminated in this release. I do agree with a previous poster - forgot who - that id get it if the more modern cargo versions were included, as I’m not really into flying the classics in my ‘modern’ sim environment. But, it does looks like a beautiful add on, so congrats to you, Michael!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Great to see this released. Unfortunately the only video I have seen is somewhat musically saturated and I was unable to hear the TSS sounds.

Glad to see the incorporation of the Carousel INS units. Are these updated CIVA units or custom made?

Might need the exhaust smoke effect adjusting as the DC8 was a real smoker under power.

Well done for reproducing an iconic aircraft..

Cheers

Steve Hall

23 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

True Glass is a TFDi product.

1 minute ago, n99wb said:

True Glass is a TFDi product.

I know.  Someone said it was included with this product - rain effects and all

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

23 hours ago, Chuck_Owl said:

I'm eager to see video reviews of this aircraft and to hear more about it before I buy it. I'm a huge fan of the 707 and DC-8.

Ditto.  Can't wait for reviews and videos.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM