Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

P3D 3.4 and latest version of Pro ATC X

Since Pro ATC X version 1922 was released, and actually since 1920, I have had two issues with this update. It is triggered by ATC instructions either from Clearance Delivery  or after TOD. The audio for the ATC instruction plays, but the text box does not start displaying at the same time. sometimes never appearing ( only the audio portion works) . When this happens, P3D becomes unresponsive either for a couple of seconds, or in the case at the TOD, for a much longer time. This unresponsiveness is clearly seen by the spinning circle and also by Task Manager, performance monitor.  If any attempt is made to mouse click the P3D screen while this happens, the screen turns white like P3D is going to crash.

During the time that P3D is unresponsive, If I close down PATC when P3D is unresponsive ( spinning circle shows this) , P3D immediately starts working again.  Also, in the case of Clearance delivery, if the text box appears again with a confirmation of instruction, P3D becomes responsive again. If I run version 1.9.1.9 or any version  prior to that, everything works perfectly, and this problem does not or never has  existed. .

Been working on this for weeks, along with tech support on the PATC forum, and am told that I am the only one experiencing this. I have  tried everything, clean full installs of 1922, turning off AV and UAC, shutting down all add on's etc. I have no other problem with P3D version 3.4 which I fly maybe 12 hours minimum every week. I  can fly dozens of flights with 1.9.1.9 or any earlier version of PATC with zero problems, but moving to version 1920-23 , and immediately the problem is on each and every flight. This seems to point to a definite problem with PATC version 1922. My question is, is anyone else running version 1922 with P3D version 3.4 , and if so, are you seeing a similar problem. It seems this is linked to text  atc instructions from PATC not showing up, when the atc audio starts and happens only with clearance delivery or after the top of descent with approach instructions. All other ATC comms and text works perfectly. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

13 minutes ago, MindYerBeak said:

Same  here...

Wow, I finally found someone that has the same experience. PATC is claiming I am the only one in the entire world having this issue. What version of P3D are you using.  Thanks// 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 minutes ago, MindYerBeak said:

p3d 3.4. They always claim it is the user's fault.nothing new

Yeah, they implied it was something on my end, which is ridiculous, because everything on my sim works perfectly, even older versions of PATC. They made some change starting with 1.9.2.0 that brought this on. I would think by rolling back one change at a time between 1919 and 1920, it would be easy to troubleshoot, but frankly I don't think they want to bother fixing it. 

Been looking into this issue in more depth. as I have been wrestling with it for many weeks. Apparently the new version of Pro ATC x, version 1922, was never  tested with P3D version 3.4, the 32 bit version, except by me. Apparently  no other beta tester has P3D 3.4. Now we all know that almost all add ons had to be modified in some way to work with the 64 bit version  of P3D, and some will only work with Version 4. My conclusion is that, other than my self, nobody checked to see if 1922 worked with P3D 3.4 or any earlier versions of P3D for that matter. I suggested to PATC, that they get someone that has a copy of P3D 3.4, and test their latest PATC version with 3.4 .