Sign in to follow this  
eke_flx

Missing contrails in P3D4.2

Hi

I do not remember exactly, when i was gone all contrails effect (which was associated with this disappearance) but for two months they will definitely disappear (FL 300-Fl400 and dfferents weather  and seasons settings). Contrails are gone on the user's plane as well as Ai traffic planes. I have several times with FSXCentral installed/reinstalled PrecipitFX and of course in options contrails is marked, also I have tried different settings (for example shorter contrails and then again normal contrails) but I never see again contrails - they are completely lost.

P3D4 special effects detail and distance is set to High (maximum). I also use PTA 2.61 and Active Sky.

How can I get back to this effect?

Regards

Felix

Edited by eke_flx

Hi

I disabled PTA and restored default shaders, also replaced Prepar3d.cfg with old backup but nothing happens - I've completely lost Contrails. Also i have Lear35 Immersion, Q400 Immersion, 777 Immersion and they are also freshly installed but contrails there is nowhere. When i look in P3D4.2 Effects and Simobjects Airplanes folder, I see that the files are overwritten with FSFX_PFX_Effect but in simulator i can`t see. Somewhere there is a general bug, but where??

I've searched and changed so much here that I do not know how are my other Effects files working (or not working anymore), because I'm focusing now for contrails.

Please help!

regards

Felix

Dear @eke_flx,

although you received no help from the DEV or other community members, it does not help anyone if you post only the information "Resolved!!".

Please provide us with details of what you have done so if others stumble upon this topic, they will know what to check.

Thank you.

BR,

Gerald

• Like 1

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

I guess he or she was just too excited to explain the "fix". I just love it when jubilation overrides any consideration.

*I know its an old thread, but a good example of one of my pet peeves and one can see it a lot. 

Edited by jimcarrel

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's