Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

This is why I'm using XPlane 90% of the time

1 hour ago, killthespam said:

Of course a fog layer or a 20 NM visibility will hide that, but it's not always foggy or 20 NM vis.   

You don't fly much in California do you?

EDIT: After reflection, will go ahead and make my point instead of engaging in Socratic dialog. Bottomline, your comments and perspective exhibit EXACTLY the bias I described in my first post of this thread. Your personal experience is 1) paramount to all others experience 2) applies to the whole of the geographic world and 3) your experience exhibits intellectual superiority because you directly experienced it. I would encourage you to engage more with other people who have other experiences so you can begin to understand the limitations of your own. 

There are way more real life flying experiences than you have had. Just as there are way more sim flying experiences than you have had. To claim superiority where you have had no experience is called Dunning-Kruger effect.

EDIT 2: @sidfadc original post had a very good tone and came from his original and unique experience, which he used to qualify his statements. This is the exact opposite of Dunning-Kruger effect. 

Edited by Henry Street

Henry did you have a bad night?

I think that angry management will help you. I, for sure I'm not looking for a confrontation.

I don't claim any superiority, why would I? I just share some experience to the people that love this hobby (as I do) and looking for some improvements for  this product to enjoy this sim more.  

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ My words, your words, they speak for themselves.

Ouch. Reading that, the famous saying by Mister Stephen Hawkins comes to my mind :

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

Enjoy your hobby, be it in P3D or X-Plane :-)

• Upvote 2

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

And we're done here.

Cheers, Rob.