Sign in to follow this  
macpilot

Loading Long or Short Panel State CTD

Using P3D V 4.2

Windows 10

747 Version 3.00.8605

House version N744GE

KPHL Gate A 25 Heavy

When I try and load either the Long or Short Panel States. The panel state loads then in a minute or less P3D CTD. I have tried this several times. At different airports with the same results. I did a search here with no results. So I must be doing something wrong.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

Ever since v4.2 came out there has been a problem for some with panels... best to start with the engines running default and create your own panel states.  This comes up every couple of days but searching in AVSIM requires luck or already knowing the right keywords.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan,

Thanks for your quick reply. If as you say this seems to be a known problem. Hasn't anyone come up with a fix?

Bill McCracken

6 minutes ago, macpilot said:

Dan,

Thanks for your quick reply. If as you say this seems to be a known problem. Hasn't anyone come up with a fix?

Bill McCracken

It seens that if you get crashes with the 747 you can start te flight with a default (!!) airplane and then switch to the 747. 

as far as I know this is not a PMDG issue but lockheed martin and they are working on it for 4.3

This is why I have gone back to 4.1, I had an issue when parked at gate engine shut down go to overhead panel to select ground power as soon as I selected it P3D Disappeared went strait to desktop, no crash no report ruled out airport and scenery as I tried other airports and scenery and no ATC unusable. Went back to 4.1 everything works like a dream, ill what till 4.3 now.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

2 hours ago, macpilot said:

Dan,

Bill McCracken

I gave you a fix, Marc provided a fix and Raymond provided a fix.  Hope you're good to go.

Dan Downs KCRP

First Thanks to everyone.

Loaded P3d 4.2 with the default aircraft and location.

Next loaded the 747

Changed panel state to long

Change location to KPHL gate A25.

All went fine. I can live with this work around. Now to continue FS2Crew tutorial purchased yesterday.

Bill McCracken