Sign in to follow this  
ericbolt

Water Texture Issue

Looks like a rendering issue.  If you put your sim on pause, will the black eventually go away?  It means a setting(s) is too high and your system is struggling to render the water immediately.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

If I am not completely wrong, this can happen if you have the option "frozen surfaces" ticked in FTX Vector...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I have the same issue for some time now and sort of gave up on this. Frozen surfaces is not ticked, and it does not happen randomly, but always in the same places.

I am sure it´s related to ORBX sceneries in some way, but I will not fly without. If anyone has found a solution here, I would be happy, too.

Regards,

Heavy

Have you posted this in the Orbx forum?

I've seen the frozen surface option cause this, not sure what else can but they would certainly know.

Dan Downs KCRP

If it is not related to the "frozen surface" option, I would start off with deleting the shaders and see if this helps? Do you guys mabye use a custom PTA or Envshade preset?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

4 hours ago, AnkH said:

If it is not related to the "frozen surface" option, I would start off with deleting the shaders and see if this helps? Do you guys mabye use a custom PTA or Envshade preset?

I've seen lots of chatter on such things but I don't use any PTA or shaders.... don't understand the problem they are supposedly fixing.  What has Orbx offered as help?

Dan Downs KCRP

I have the exact issue.   It only occurred after I installed Orbx NA airport pack. 

Prior to that, all water texture loading was fine, so it (surely?) cannot be a resources issue.  Those airports use a miniscule amount of system resources vs. a large fully rendered airport.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

If you do not use any modified shaders, it would still be a good idea to delete those shaders once to see if it helps...

Greetings, Chris

I managed to resolve the issue now. I had read somewhere there might be issues/crashes with P3d and ORBX scenery when water details are set to Ultra and it was recommended to set them to high. It appears, that High setting caused the texture problems on my side. After I changed the details back to Ultra a few days ago, all textures have loaded correctly ever since. Something, that deleting shaders or changing the FTX Global setting for iced lakes could not repair. So at least for me it was not directly caused by ORBX, but due to water details changed at the same time.  

I could not find the topic regarding ultra details causing issues and I am not sure, if this was an issue with v3 or v4... but so far, I have not encountered any strange behaviour again.

Maybe this could help...?