Sign in to follow this  
michelh

Airbus

Since moving from P3D to X-Plane 11, I have not yet decided which Airbus to purchase. Since I already have purchase GA and Boeing aircraft’s it is time for me to purchase an Airbus product. But I am confused to what to get. I have been looking at different YouTube videos on the FF A320 Ultimate, Toliss A319 and recently the JarDesign A330 v3. The FF A320 Ultimate as everything but the kitchen sink, however the price is very expensive. The Toliss A319, look interesting but it appears to have a so-so 3D cockpit and the price is a bit expensive. The JarDesign A330 v3 seem to have a lot to offer, appear to have a nice 3D cockpit and it is also on sale right now. What I am looking for is an aircraft that does not take me 1 hour to set up before takeoff, have good interior visual graphic’s and that the FMS/autopilot are bug free.

Here is my computer specification.

CPU Intel i7-4790k overclock at 4.6 GHz

32 gigs of ram

GTX 1070

4k monitor.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Get the ToLisS then but you will regret getting the JAR is you want to have completely bug free FMS/autopilot. Fine if you just want the feeling of flying a good airbus graphic model  but the system modeling is way behind FFA320 and ToLisS.

I have all Airbus on all the simming platforms, my favorite, by far, is the FF A320 Ultimate. The Toliss is pretty good esp for the price. The JARs are OK, pretty good graphics esp the A330 but like glenn_c said, the systems are behind FF and Toliss,

8 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Go to this site https://xplanereviews.com/ Stephen gives very unbiased reviews of all the Airbus models.

I am not sure if his reviews are so unbiased...look at the stores available for X-Plane and see how the reviews on his website are completely ignoring some of them.

Jan

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Thank you very much guys for your comments. BTW Glen I agree,  Angelique really does a  good job.

FF a320 no doubt, expensive but worth every penny penny

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

19 hours ago, michelh said:

Since moving from P3D to X-Plane 11, I have not yet decided which Airbus to purchase. Since I already have purchase GA and Boeing aircraft’s it is time for me to purchase an Airbus product. But I am confused to what to get. I have been looking at different YouTube videos on the FF A320 Ultimate, Toliss A319 and recently the JarDesign A330 v3. The FF A320 Ultimate as everything but the kitchen sink, however the price is very expensive. The Toliss A319, look interesting but it appears to have a so-so 3D cockpit and the price is a bit expensive. The JarDesign A330 v3 seem to have a lot to offer, appear to have a nice 3D cockpit and it is also on sale right now. What I am looking for is an aircraft that does not take me 1 hour to set up before takeoff, have good interior visual graphic’s and that the FMS/autopilot are bug free.

The FF A320 is the best airliner available for XPlane currently. Although it's still in betal, most reviews compare it favorably to the FSL A320. I own it and it's a joy to fly. 

The Toliss A319 has good systems, but the internal modeling and texturing is a little subpar and the sounds aren't great. Personally I think that if you're going to but it, spend a little extra for the FF A320

The JAR A330 is really not very good. The internal texturing is bad (the textures are very dark and low res), the modeling is subpar, the sounds are subpar, and there are still numerous bugs and glitches in the system. While none of the arbuses are completely bug free, the JAR is by far the buggiest.

Finally, Airbusses are very easy to set up, even when you're following real world procedures. None of these should take you very long to get started up and flying. 

7 hours ago, Janov said:

I am not sure if his reviews are so unbiased...look at the stores available for X-Plane and see how the reviews on his website are completely ignoring some of them.

Jan

A recent arrival in the XP arena, I haven't ventured past his site.  Will certainly take a look at Angelique's site and any others in that genre.  All my friends flew Boeings so, other than "Sully" on the Hudson, don't know much about the Airbus.

My opinion is that the Flight Factor Ultimate A320 is worth every penny.  It is a solid simulation that is as good as it gets.

The thing that I like about the ToLiSs A320 is that it is very easy to store an approach and keep practicing it over and over again with no long loading. Click the button and you are back on the approach with the aircraft set up pretty close to how you need it, ready to give the landing another try. Best Airbus landing practice available anywhere and it is a nice Airbus simulation too, although not quite up there with the FFA320.

If you can only buy one and want the best and closest to real, get the Flight Factor Ultimate A320. 

I agree Angelique's reviews and the website is outstanding.

Thank you everyone, I decided to go with Toliss A319. I know many of you have suggested the FF A320 but I already got the FF 767 and wanted to give a chance to another developer. The other reason is that I like the fact that you can save the situations, in flight jump to next waypoint ,auto pause and popup resizable PFD ND SD .I have already downloaded multiple liveries and updated the sound and interior graphics with the free amazing Toliss A319 enhancements package 1 - 1.1  by MattDesigns . I took off and just did a manual short flight and was getting very good frame rate with the Hi-Def version. I am very satisfied with my purchase. Tomorrow, I will try the flight tutorial. 

• Like 1

@michelh, congratulations, both are great add-ons for X-Plane.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thank you jcomm. I am glad that I have purchase the Toliss A319 since I am not to familiar with the Airbus and the documents provided are very well done. I have started the tutorial this morning and the programing phase took me about 1-1/2 to 2 hours then I decided to take a break.What can I say, I am a slow learner. The beauty of it all is that you can save your progress :-) +1 for Toliss. Once I get more familiar with the Airbus I will probably get the FFA320 but I will wait till our Canadian dollar goes up. Right now FF320 is $113.50 CDN.

• Like 1