Sign in to follow this  
planenut

P3d Starts on 2nd Monitor

Using P3Dv4.2.  Since I've started using SIMstarter, when I start the sim it will start on my second monitor about 50% of the time and I have to drag it back over to my main monitor.  Don't know what I may have changed to cause this.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Jim

Capt. Pero only occasionally visits this forum since it isn't the official SIMstarter NG forum.  Your best bet for a quick(er) answer would be the official forum on Aerosoft.

Ernie

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem

On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 10:01 PM, planenut said:

Using P3Dv4.2.  Since I've started using SIMstarter, when I start the sim it will start on my second monitor about 50% of the time and I have to drag it back over to my main monitor.  Don't know what I may have changed to cause this.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Jim

If you start the sim and window it (ALT+ENTER once or twice to get back) then move to the desired starting monitor and close it.

If the sim does not close properly the original desktop position may become reused, or the position may become corrupt leaving the window in a negative location off screen. ALT+ENTER again restores the situation.

ALT+ENTER is a Windows command that measures the desktop in relation to game windows. It sounds unintuitive.

Start the sim again and it appears in the new location if you had no issues.

Make it Full-Screen ALT+ENTER again to full screen using the Windows key combination is what it is provided for. And close it.

Now your sim should start reliably from that monitor.

If there are issues it may move around.

I don't think this is the fault of SimStarter.

Edited by SteveW

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

...the fact it started after using SimStarter is not a reason to suspect SimStarter. If the simulator is started in any slightly differing way to what you did before, that includes adding in any kind of addon, then that may surface issues you never knew you had.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I figured out what was causing this.  I had recently bought another monitor (for main monitor) and I only use it when I'm simming.  So, when I boot up I usually boot up on the 2nd monitor and leave the main monitor off.  This procedure is what is causing the problem.  Can you say pilot error?  Dumb mistake.  Anyhow, when I boot up on the main monitor instead of the 2nd monitor,  all is well.  I guess it is just a coincidence that I suspected SIMstarter because I started using it at about the same time I got the new monitor.  Thanks for all the suggestions though.

Jim