Sign in to follow this  
Tatave

P3D V4 Disappearing

Hi all, 

P3d V4 has been giving me several CTDs, most of which have involved the sim freezing for 5-10 seconds, followed by the sim "disappearing" entirely.

All of a sudden, P3d completely vanishes with no error messages or warnings at all. Nothing is shown in Event Viewer. 

Has anyone run into this issue? 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

This has happened to many simmers including me. P3d v4.2 is a work in progress.

I guess we just need to trust the process. :biggrin:

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Same here. Happened couple of times since 4.2

No errors, no appcrash viewer events, nothing: just shut-down.

Cheers,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

I have only had one of these types of application crash with v4.2.  To be sure I've had a few others with recorded events that I attributed to couatl.

If there is no event recorded, that simply means that whatever is crashing is doing so by not throwing an operating system or runtime environment exception.  The kinds of code that do that is not normally an application but things like drivers will do it.  After that one instance, I installed the latest DDU and ran it in windows safe mode to remove all video driver remnants, installed the current driver and it's not happened since.

Dan Downs KCRP

This has been occurring for me since Friday. My first and only symptom were nt.dll crashes. I had not installed a single new piece of software (save the windows cumulative update from 4/10). Additionally i had not had a P3D error since early February.

To try and resolve the problem, I did all the searches and solutions I could (including removing USB devices, building new configs, building new addon .cfg files, etc..) and not a single one of them worked. Even my tried and true method of system restore did not solve the crashes. What did work was a full uninstall, registry clean and reinstall.

With the xml method of restoring P3D, the reinstall time has been cut down dramatically, but I'd rather if I hadn't had to do it all.

Good luck.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Almost guaranteed that a clean install will not do this. Only one tried and true troubleshooting method and that's clean install, installing one addon at a time then checking sim. Any other way is guesswork without a crash log.

I had this while beta testing and the culprit was Rex WX radar( which BTW has been resolved in latest version).

Good luck

Quick addition to my earlier post:

During the reinstall, I got to the point of installing FSLabs A320 v2.01.237. When I tried starting after that, the problem recurred (crash with no info in app viewer). I uninstalled and the problem went away . For me, the problem was my version of FSLabs A320. Again, good luck!

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

8 hours ago, SKEWR said:

During the reinstall, I got to the point of installing FSLabs A320 v2.01.237. When I tried starting after that, the problem recurred (crash with no info in app viewer). I uninstalled and the problem went away . For me, the problem was my version of FSLabs A320. Again, good luck!

FSLabs? same guys who planted spyware on our computers recently?

Edited by rooitou

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit