Sign in to follow this  
Psybear

My SIMmarket Account vanished

I've been happily buying addons here for over 10 years, Suddenly they have no record of my account, To add insult to injury they will only talk to you via their ticket system but you can't unless you have a valid account. Hello!  What is their problem? I have over 70 purchases here. Any clues? Has this happened to anyone else?

Clayton

I noticed, when you click on My Account, it shows "Delete Account" at the bottom and you might have accidentally deleted it yourself.  It just takes a second for the cursor to accidentally hit that button but then I would hope they have another button pop up and ask you if you are sure you want to delete your account.  It would be hard for me to believe they would do this to an account holder.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On the sign on page click on 'Lost your account data' and a window enabling you to reactivate your account should open.

Bill

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scianoir said:

On the sign on page click on 'Lost your account data' and a window enabling you to reactivate your account should open.

Bill

Yes, tried that. Will not let you associate with the original email.   Makes you pick a new email. Then you get a message saying they will get around to it when they get around to it. What arrogance.

So I bought  new addons from a different vendor. 2 to be exact. Really thoughtless and stupid.

C

10 hours ago, Psybear said:

Yes, tried that. Will not let you associate with the original email.   Makes you pick a new email. Then you get a message saying they will get around to it when they get around to it. What arrogance.

So I bought  new addons from a different vendor. 2 to be exact. Really thoughtless and stupid.

C

I know things can be lost in translation but that's not a very good way of promoting customer loyalty! I need to be careful that I don't accidentally delete my account as, over the years (between FS9 and FSX), I have bought over 500 products from them!

Bill

I still backup all of my purchased software and maintain all of my licenses in one of my e-mail programs but, if the account was accidentally deleted, I would still have problems getting updates.  I would probably repurchase if I could not get my account back (depending on the update). 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

This topic caused me to login at Simmarket.  Like Jim I maintain a history of ID/Login information in an encrypted app (Password Safe).  My first login at Simmarket failed as well.  I reverted to my previous login information and was successful getting in.  They must have had an issue there.  I had logged that I had verified the more recent login back in October 2017.  I had changed my login in June of 2012, but that vintage login from [prior to that date was the successful one today.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

4 hours ago, scianoir said:

I have bought over 500 products

Thanks for that!  I showed your post to my wife... to justify all my purchases!

:)

• Upvote 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Interesting. I'm inclined to agree that something must have happened but can't understand the lack of communications from them. 

I too have all the license/serial info on files.

Just got another email so let me see what if anything happens

C

Edited by Psybear

OK. My account info is back but I have to use an alternate email. Not exactly the friendliest of communicators are they? But at least something on a Sunday is better than nothing. 

Thanks for the concern and help folks, and be careful out there. :gaul:

C

• Like 1

I just took a screenshot of my account info page, and stored it on 3 different hard drives !

Sue

4 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Thanks for that!  I showed your post to my wife... to justify all my purchases!

:)

You're brave!!

I didn't realise I had bought so many and I'm not going to add up the cost!

Bill