Sign in to follow this  
Denni

Can my system Run P3D at a good FPS?

Ill cut straight to the chase, I know my system can run it just fine, but will it be able to get to a good FPS? 

Here are my specs (Its a laptop I know, I'm building my own pc in Christmas however.) 

ROG G752VT

Intel I7 6700 2.6GHz 4 core CPU

16 Gigs RAM

GTX 970M 

all  depends  on what  addons  you have  installed  etc  and  etc    each  pc  is  different  to   others

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

My system is quite similar in terms of CPU clock speed. I get a smooth ~25-30 fps with the PMDG 737 + heavy weather at detailed payware airports (FT EHAM/OMDB), as long as I turn off all shadows and no DL.

12 hours ago, pete_auau said:

all  depends  on what  addons  you have  installed  etc  and  etc    each  pc  is  different  to   others

I'm gonna be using REX HD airports, blackbox, and PMDG aircraft. 

P3d should (and will) be able to run better looking and smoother on any 64 bit Windows computer than FSX.

Smooth is the new fast.

17 hours ago, Denni said:

ROG G752VT

Intel I7 6700 2.6GHz 4 core CPU

16 Gigs RAM

GTX 970M 

Well, smoothness is in the eye of the beholder, so it seems. I have a i7 4790@4.5, 16 GB ram and a GTX1080 and things sometimes seems to run smooth as long as I don't look around too much with TrackIR and don't fly over dense scenery. I can't imagine running the sim smooth on your laptop but well, if you turn off enough options, like shadows, reflections, lights, autogen, 3D stuff, etc. it may run rather okay. But hey, my smooth might not be your smooth. :happy: (After since flying in Aerofly FS 2 P3D has never looked really smooth anymore. Which doesn't mean I don't use it anymore: smoothness is only a part of the experience.)