Sign in to follow this  
carlito777

X-Enviro 1.08 released

Title says it all. According to posts on Facebook, it still seems to have some bugs. Looking forward to reports as I don‘t have time to test it at this moment. 

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

It looks nice and the transparency issues have been solved. I have to test more...

1.08 looks great!  I can finally get rid of both my

Haze.lua and FogBeGone.lua.

This is 1.08 climbing today out of Alabama, to FL280 in real weather.  Finally...a true to life, looking sky...at the horizon.  Enjoying 1.08 so far...and all the pictures captured at around 16,000 feet.

Eclipse_77.png

Eclipse_72.png

Eclipse_71.png

Eclipse_68.png

Eclipse_67.pngi

Eclipse_69.png

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Hello, 

I'm new to the x-plane world and considering this product. How does it compare to default weather? 

6 minutes ago, Les Parson said:

Hello, 

I'm new to the x-plane world and considering this product. How does it compare to default weather? 

Honestly, they both will work for you.  xEnviro adds more 'English' and polish to certain features...adds more effects, but Xplane's weather generator is truly 3rdP quality now right outta the box.  No MS-based in-house will give you visuals such as Xplane's internal weather generator. If you are happy with what you see coming from your purchase of Xplane...then truly there is no 'pressure' to go 3rd P.  Only if you want added features and visuals... If so..I highly recommend now, xEnviro 1.08 I have gotten rid of any of my haze and fog lua. restrictions.  xEnviro 1.08 now gives you the horizon graphics that you see in my shots over Alabama today...live weather a few minutes ago. Before this current version, you'd barley see  three miles from the plane...and always looked like a foggy, hazy, rain-filled atmosphere. Clearly now, you see real-world haze and pollution scatter effect...where's it supposed to be.  It was clear out of the airport..and then as I climbed to around 3,500 agl...scatter and haze started to set up, just as you'd expect from the seat of any commercial flight...  Quite happy, now.

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Honestly, they both will work for you.  xEnviro adds more 'English' and polish to certain features...adds more effects, but Xplane's weather generator is truly 3rdP quality now right outta the box.  No MS-based in-house will give you visuals such as Xplane's internal weather generator. If you are happy with what you see coming from your purchase of Xplane...then truly there is no 'pressure' to go 3rd P.  Only if you want added features and visuals... If so..I highly recommend now, xEnviro 1.08 I have gotten rid of any of my haze and fog lua. restrictions.  xEnviro 1.08 now gives you the horizon graphics that you see in my shots over Alabama today...live weather a few minutes ago. Before this current version, you'd barley see  three miles from the plane...and always looked like a foggy, hazy, rain-filled atmosphere. Clearly now, you see real-world haze and pollution scatter effect...where's it supposed to be.  It was clear out of the airport..and then as I climbed to around 3,500 agl...scatter and haze started to set up, just as you'd expect from the seat of any commercial flight...  Quite happy, now.

Thanks so much for your comprehensive comments. Much appreciated. 

33 minutes ago, Les Parson said:

Thanks so much for your comprehensive comments. Much appreciated. 

Have fun..XP 11.20b5 rocks!

2 hours ago, Les Parson said:

Hello, 

The big difference (for some of us anyway) is that this product uses injected real weather only, without the user customization you can do in the default weather panel, or with other weather add-ons like SkyMaxx Pro or the NOAA plugin. There is minimal control over max wind speed and ceiling, but not the degree of control you have with the default weather interface. There also isn't any information about the actual weather you're flying in (unless that's been changed recently). 

This may not matter if you fly mostly airliners that can ignore severe weather, because you spend most of the time up in the flight levels.

I fly light GA aircraft and helicopters in X-Plane at lower altitudes, and in places like the Pacific Northwest with heavy storms for half the year. These aircraft can't handle storm-level conditions, so that means I can't use XEnviro with its very limited degree of adjustment. I did buy it to support the developer, but it just doesn't work for the way I fly in X-Plane.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

6 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

The big difference (for some of us anyway) is that this product uses injected real weather only, without the user customization you can do in the default weather panel, or with other weather add-ons like SkyMaxx Pro or the NOAA plugin. There is minimal control over max wind speed and ceiling, but not the degree of control you have with the default weather interface. There also isn't any information about the actual weather you're flying in (unless that's been changed recently). 

This may not matter if you fly mostly airliners that can ignore severe weather, because you spend most of the time up in the flight levels.

I fly light GA aircraft and helicopters in X-Plane at lower altitudes, and in places like the Pacific Northwest with heavy storms for half the year. These aircraft can't handle storm-level conditions, so that means I can't use XEnviro with its very limited degree of adjustment. I did buy it to support the developer, but it just doesn't work for the way I fly in X-Plane.

I'm a GA guy too, so thanks for this very useful info. I'm about to launch my first XP11 flight in the Carenado T210M from KTLH-KJAX. There is a pretty serious TRW line between the two airports. 

What I have seen of 1.08 so far looks okay. I only used it for 30 mins so have not yet seen the many bugs which appear to plague it based on the response from others. These bugs also seem to be system dependent which is worse. Some see the bugs others do not. The clouds need work and look a bit cartoony but the sunrise and sunset and sky is much improved. I have also read that it has a huge impact on fps. I can't really comment as I have been using only VR for months and was testing Xenviro in normal 2D mode and have no reference point anymore for standard fps as I simply don't remember.

And that brings me to the biggest and related disappointment. It is not VR compatible. This is a shame as 1.07 worked in VR after not working until integrated VR was implemented in X-Plane. 1.07 was almost unusable anyway due to its crazy impact on VR performance. In any case 1.08 does not work in VR and would likely have an even bigger performance hit if reports in standard non VR mode are anything to go by.

1.08 has done something to my display.

The top quarter of the screen has a constant shimmer; on the ground or in the air, it's constant.

Anyone else?

4 hours ago, Dean_EGTC said:

1.08 has done something to my display.

The top quarter of the screen has a constant shimmer; on the ground or in the air, it's constant.

Anyone else?

I read that what you describe is a bug for people running on 'lower' resolutions. What defines a 'lower' resolution I don't know. I am running at 4k and don't have this issue. Did you completely uninstall 1.07 before installing 1.08? I read that if you don't uninstall 1.07 first, it can cause a range of bugs that some other's are describing. The only bug I have noticed so far is the zoom bug where you can't zoom in or it messes up the rendering.

Apart from that not working in VR at this stage feels like a bug when 1.07 did albeit with poor performance.

This is the game changer X-Plane pilots have been waiting for. Yes, some rough edges remain (1.09 just got released), but this is it, the definite weather engine for X-Plane everyone has been waiting for. And not only the clouds look fantastic, it's the atmosphere and sky rendering that are really is better than anything else on the market. Definite buy recommendation by the Colonel!

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Please tell me more about the FPS impact. 

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

16 minutes ago, odourboy said:

Please tell me more about the FPS impact. 

Looking at your system, I don't think that should be an issue. I ran into some fps issues (read: drops to 25ish) with max settings over the alps (4790K, 1080ti), but that's about it.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB