Sign in to follow this  
Dane Watson

Aerosoft Lukla airport scenery issues

Any thoughts on what causes these terrain texture issues?
This only happens with the Aerosoft Lukla scenery, I have contacted them but so far no fixes.
As you can see VNLK Lukla airport runway problem and all the black textures at VNPL Phaplu scenery.

I do not have these problems anywhere else

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GqXw4fhwkoGweO5E2

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

5 hours ago, Dane Watson said:

Any thoughts on what causes these terrain texture issues?
This only happens with the Aerosoft Lukla scenery, I have contacted them but so far no fixes.
As you can see VNLK Lukla airport runway problem and all the black textures at VNPL Phaplu scenery.

I do not have these problems anywhere else

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GqXw4fhwkoGweO5E2

Have you tried reinstalling the scenery and running it through ORBX Vector elevation correction tool?

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

49 minutes ago, Thomasso said:

Have you tried reinstalling the scenery and running it through ORBX Vector elevation correction tool?

Yes, I have done that twice now but no difference.

Regards, Dane

Try a different mesh setting.

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

7 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

Added to the scenery library?

Yes, and moved to top in priority

Regards, Dane

Are you using the latest version of Lukla? (Lukla X) Compatible for all versions of P3D. Also, have two scenery entries? LC entry below as in image.

Vt4w5LJ.jpg

Edited by bills511

3 minutes ago, bills511 said:

Are you using the latest version of Lukla? (Lukla X) Compatible for all versions of P3D. Also, have two scenery entries? LC entry below as in image.

Vt4w5LJ.jpg

Yes I am Bill and yes I have exactly what you are showing.

It really is strange, not sure if it is a v4.2 issue as I did not have this problem in 4.1

Regards, Dane

Does it happen when you start in Lukla or when you land there? For me it is only a problem when I am landing there.  As far as I know this is a known issue and is not going to change until the new version sees the light of the day

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

Hello,

it is known issue. Solution here:

Mark

Prepare3Dv5 / ASUS Prime Z390A / I9 9900K @ 4.8 GHz / GSkill 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHZ CL15 @ 3400 MHz / RTX4070TI / Windows 10 Home / Monitor Philips 436M6VBPAB / Force Feedback Yoke / Thrustmaster PTR rudder pedals

2 hours ago, officercrockey said:

Does it happen when you start in Lukla or when you land there? For me it is only a problem when I am landing there.  As far as I know this is a known issue and is not going to change until the new version sees the light of the day

The Lukla runway issue is only when landing. I didn't realize this is a known problem.

The Phaplu terrain blackness is a new issue.

Thanks for your response regarding Lukla.

• Like 1

Regards, Dane

4 hours ago, MaSi said:

Hello,

it is known issue. Solution here:

Mark

the folder name structure has a foreign character in it (for the name Lukla), cant that cause problems on some systems?

11 hours ago, Dane Watson said:

Yes, and moved to top in priority

sorry had to ask the easy question, guess they never fixed the bug of flying from another airport to there and the elevation issues. that has been around since first release.

Edited by Boeing or not going

3 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

the folder name structure has a foreign character in it (for the name Lukla), cant that cause problems on some systems?

3 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

sorry had to ask the easy question, guess they never fixed the bug of flying from another airport to there and the elevation issues. that has been around since first release.

Well thanks to those that replied the Lukla runway issue is fixed - I had not known of this old problem.

I still have a big issue with the black ground textures. I have tried adjusting mesh, tessellation, reinstalled Lukla and the black textures will not go away. Could it have something to do with a setting in my P3D config file??? I am not sure what else to try.

Regards, Dane

They did fix it after all then. I never knew about the update, my weekend looks to be downloading the Otter and Lukla have not done since first release. Thanks! if I find black textures I will report back.

Edited by Boeing or not going