Sign in to follow this  
dgeddesjr

*.reg flexibility

Any plans to implement the use of * in the registration at other places other than the last character?

So for example, N94*LR,N95*LR,N24*LR,N93*LR,N91*FJ,N92*FJ etc

The regional jets in the US are a nightmare and often only report their registration to RealTraffic, and to make things worse you have several different operators for a specific type so the only way you're going to get the correct livery is to use registration.  Unfortunately PSXSeeconTraffic ignores * if it's not the last character.

No plans yet. If I check for a wild card at every position it may take too much time... 

At what positions would a wildcard be useful? (starting with 0). Your examples are all with position 3.

Position three would be useful for US operators that keep the last two characters the same.  Many of them like to use their initials for the last two characters, like Virgin America for example who uses "VA".

I'm enjoying your program immensely and thanks for all your hard work in putting it together.  I understand why you don't want to check for a wildcard everywhere but using that third position will help a lot with US carriers.  What has already been implemented at the last position helps with some of the non-US carriers and it works well for those. 

Okay, version 9.34 (available now) also tries to match with a wild char at the fourth position (start counting with 1) in a registration code.

Note that wild card matching only takes place if you have liveries with a registration code with a wild card. There is no longer a need for the check box in the UI.

If you need more, let me know, enjoy!

Edited by kiek