Sign in to follow this  
esanders9863

KABQ - Albuquerque International Sunport NOT WORKING

I just recently purchased this product from http://store.x-plane.org/ and after purchasing it I installed in my X-Plane 11 folder but I am not seeing anything after installing it, and there's no instruction on doing anything differently than you  usually do to install a payware product into X-Plane 11, so can someone show me the correct way or I should get my money back for buying a defective software package.

It works just fine, it isn't defective, the problem is on your end. Assuming you don't have any other KABQ scenery installed, issues with scenery installation in XP usually come down to either improper folder structure or scenery.ini issues. First, make sure that you have 3 scenery folders for KABQ, each are placed in your Custom Scenery folder, and each contains a subfolder called 'earth nav data' (among others). Then, in the scenery.ini, make sure that "KABQ - Albuquerque International Sunport" is placed above the entry for 'Global Airports'. 'KABQ_B_Overlay' should be placed below all airports but above any mesh, orthophotos, or other overlays you have installed, and 'KABQ_C_Mesh' should be placed below everything else, but above any mesh you have installed for the Albuquerque area. While you can do this manually be editing the .ini with a text editor, it's easier to use xOrganizer (if you're on windows). Just install/set up the program and move each scenery entry to the appropriate category within it, and it will save automatically. 

If none of that works, come back and post your log.txt file, located in your main XP11 folder. 

• Upvote 1

I only have two folders KABQ_B_Overlay(Earth nav data folder)  and  KABQ_C_Mesh(Earth nav data folder, terrain folder, textures folder ) and how do I make 3 folders from this, and what is a scenery.ini and were is it.

56 minutes ago, esanders9863 said:

I only have two folders KABQ_B_Overlay(Earth nav data folder)  and  KABQ_C_Mesh(Earth nav data folder, terrain folder, textures folder ) and how do I make 3 folders from this, and what is a scenery.ini and were is it.

That's why the scenery isn't showing up- you don't have the actual airport folder installed but only the overlay (i.e.: roads and buildings around KABQ) and the mesh (i.e. mountains and elevation data). There should be three folders. Re-download and re-extract the scenery, and you should have 3 folders named KABQ - Albuquerque International Sunport, KABQ_B_Overlay, and KABQ_C_Mesh, again each containing the Earth Nav Data folder. I just tried re-downloading, and the store gives you 2 download links, one for the Airport and one for the Mesh (+overlay) Click both download links to get all 3 files. 

The scenery.ini is a file that tells xplane how to layer the scenery. It is located within the custom scenery folder. (sorry, it's called scenery_packs.ini). Read more about it here (written for XP10 but it's the same in XP11)

http://www.x-plane.com/kb/changing-custom-scenery-load-order-in-x-plane-10/

Edited by hmn434

First off I would like to thank you so much for your patience and help, and yes base on your great instructions everything is working great

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, esanders9863 said:

First off I would like to thank you so much for your patience and help, and yes base on your great instructions everything is working great

Good to hear! Enjoy the scenery- it's one of the best. Be on the lookout for the same developer releasing KLAX with similar (if not better) detail in the coming months. 

• Like 2

I cannot wait to see LAX, because right now I'm slowly focusing more towards X-Plane 11 from P3Dv4, I only wish it had a better ATC and AI traffic software.