Sign in to follow this  
obsoletepower

G1000 Powered On All The Time

Hello everyone,

I am trying to figure out an issue I have had for some time with my setup. I am running the G1000 PFD and MFD screens in popup windows so they can each be displayed on individual screens but the G1000 remains powered on no matter what state the Master switches (Battery or Avionics) are in. As soon as the aircraft is loaded the G1000 powers up. I have an Advanced license because I am using hardware to interface with the sim and the aircraft I am using it in is the A2A C182. I should mention that I do have the "Accusim=YES" parameter in my G1000.ini file.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Have you confirmed that the sim's variables for battery and avionics power are off?  I am wondering if something is triggering them on behind the scenes.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

11 hours ago, WarpD said:

Have you confirmed that the sim's variables for battery and avionics power are off?  I am wondering if something is triggering them on behind the scenes.

Hi Ed,

Thank you for your suggestion. I have confirmed that Battery1Swtich, BatteryElecPower and  AvionicsElecPower LVARs are reading 0 as all master switches are off. It's almost like the G1000 is not reading the variables from P3D.

Battery1Switch, BatteryElecPower and AvionicsElecPower LVARs are not default sim variables.  By default the G1000 looks at MASTER_BATTERY and AVIONICS_MASTER_SWITCH which are default sim variables.  I will check with A2A regarding this as there seems to be something that isn't set up quite right.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎17 at 6:32 AM, WarpD said:

Battery1Switch, BatteryElecPower and AvionicsElecPower LVARs are not default sim variables.  By default the G1000 looks at MASTER_BATTERY and AVIONICS_MASTER_SWITCH which are default sim variables.  I will check with A2A regarding this as there seems to be something that isn't set up quite right.

Ed,

Can this be changed as in is there a way to change the variables the G1000 looks at? The AVIONICS_MASTER_SWITCH does change when I toggle the switch but ELECTRICAL MASTER BATTERY does not.

Edited by obsoletepower
Added details

Since you are attempting to install our G1000 into an A2A aircraft that is not designed for a G1000, there is some issue regarding power conditions.  While our GNS units (430/530) have been designed to work with A2A aircraft, our G1000 is not.  We will have to make modifications to our G1000 to support the modified power system in the A2A aircraft.

No timeframe is offered regarding the resolution of this, however it is now on our list.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69