Sign in to follow this  
Jarnie

AI aircraft taxiing without undercarriage

I have recently installed X-Plane 10 having used FSX for many years.

I am undergoing a steep learning curve especially with which (keyboard) keys do what.

I am happy with X-Plane 10 although it seems to take a long time in loading even though it is installed on an SSD drive - is that normal? Also when loading it initially displays that it is loading the 737.acf file and later after loading scenery files it appears to load other aircraft .acf files. Is this normal? For what reason?

I have installed freeware scenery for YSSY (Sydney International) as well as the freeware B737-700.  I noticed that when taxiing there was an AI aircraft in front of my aircraft (looked like a Qantas 737 from the rear) and there was NO undercarriage - it was just floating a few feet above the taxiway. I was using the startup/default view "forward with panel". I I selected any other view (which allowed me to see that AI aircraft) the undercarriage was there. On switching back to "forward with panel" the undercarriage disappeared again.

I tried to reproduce this scenario and then select another aircraft but couldn't.

I am assuming that this is a fault with the actual aircraft file/files. Is that correct?

Thanks

John

Gigabyte Z390, I7 9700K, 16Gb, RTX2060, Gigabyte 32" monitor

My PC contains -

i7-4770 3.4Ghz CPU

8GB DDR3 1600 RAM

GeForce GTX1050 video card and I get between 50 and 70 fps.

John

Gigabyte Z390, I7 9700K, 16Gb, RTX2060, Gigabyte 32" monitor

XPLANe 10 is not supported any more. But upping ram to 16Gig may help. If you ever go to XPLANE 11, you will need a minimum 6gig video card. PC specs are fine otherwise.