Hopefully im not breaking any Avsim rule by posting this thread twice in different subforums.

Hi there, i have a simpit that consists of 3 monitors in surround mode with a 5040x1050 resol that counts as one display and 4 other accesory monitors for 2d panels. In total 1 surround display+4

All 7 monitors are connected to 2 Nvidia cards (3+4)

With  fsx ive had to switch off one of the 4 accesory due to FSX not starting with 5 displays, only with 4 ( 1 surround + 3 accesory)

I let it be knowing that in p3dv4 there is no limit and i can have as many monitors as my 2 NVIDIA graphic cards support but selfish developers are not thinking about 2d panel simmers and all the new ac in p3dv4 are releasing without proper sets of 2d panels. (fslabs is the exception )

This forces me to stay in FSX so I was wondering if you guys now if there is way to get rid of this 4 display limit and if this is stil present in ATi cards.

Because if there ins´t ill switch to ATI

Here is a diagram:

https://imgur.com/a/DHfGV

17 minutes ago, warning23 said:

Hopefully im not breaking any Avsim rule by posting this thread twice in different subforums.

well yes, you actually do. I removed the other one, since i belive this is the right place to discuss it. 

I'm not familiar with FSX 4 Monitor limit. I belive it has more to do with VAS and FPS problems in your case. I did a quick search and found this:

Ok thanks for that then. In that case he is using multiple views, that is a complete fps killer.

With that video it would be a fps killer to open as many views. What i want is just one view for the surround ( 1 ) and the other monitors ( 2,3,4,5 ) to be black to be able to put 2d panels on them

Warning23,

My first impression and comment if you are successfully using 7 monitors is, "where did you find the KRAY super computer and just how much did it cost LOL"

Ever since I got into simming in the 1980s I have attempted to run FSX with multiple monitors when it came out in 2006 approximately. I found that any more than 3 monitors in use created an unsatisfactory slideshow. I found FS2004 absolutely great using 6 monitors to the point that I am still using FS2004 using 6 monitors. 

I have tried using a triplehead2go and a combination of GPUs over the years but nothing has worked for me. 

I really do know the immersion factor involved using a multi monitor set up and nothing else really cuts the mustard does it?

So whilst, I cannot help you technically with your problem, I do, indeed, understand what you are going through.

Personally, I am looking into VR or MR for the future. I have no idea, other than through on line research, what that experience is going to be like but it is drawing me irresistably, and mainly due to the lack of any further meaningful development in FS2004. The same situation is rapidly approaching for FSX and FSX-SE. I am not saying, however, that you are wasting your time with FSX, contrary to the adivce I have been given many many times over the last 5 years at least. There are still a lot of good reasons to stick with both FS9 and FSX.

From the point of view of the lack of further development, sceneries and aircraft which are not as complex and looking decidedly outdated, I am looking at P3dv4 and Xplane11, both of which are delving fairly prominently into the Virtual Reality world.

My steps are tentative mainly because I am an aged pensioner, money is extremely tight, and my current FS2004 set up is comprehensive and adequate to say the least.

So I wish you luck with the resolution of your problem. and would love to know if you manage to actually solve it.

Regards

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

My multimonitor setup is really catered more for realistic procedure flying. In fsx the graphics are maxed but there is no orbx scenery so the performance isnt that bad. IN p3dv4 it definitely improves, but again, no orbx. Im using a gtx 970 for the nvidia surround with three 16:10 monitors in 1680x1050 each and another 7 series nvidia for the other accesory monitors which only carry the 2d panels

Tried Daddybooks solution and FSX now doesn´t CTD but three of the displays are not showing a black screen so i cannot move 2d panels to them.

His solution only Works in windowed mode which is unacceptable to me.

Edited by warning23