Sign in to follow this  
mgovernali

Help please with RXP on fs9

Hello fellow Simmers!! Im having a real hard time getting the Reality XP gps to appear in my 2d cockpit. May I say what I have done so far please:

I am using the emuteq 530 hardware GPS and it is already installed and recognized by windows. I can easily undock the 2d panel or anything else (other than the one I need) into it - in windowed mode of course. The hardware is also recognized and working in the windows game controller module. Note: the RXP software was just purchased a few days ago and also FSUIPC register and installed.

1) Win-7-64 Full Admin rights, all AV WinDef. UAC are disabled disabled

2) Install XPReality as Admin. Install goes ok and then I also installed the Trainer and no errors or issues noted. The Trainer is in the ProgramfilesX85 folder and I can open it on its own. I also see the rxp gps gauge in the fs9 gauges folder.

3) When I start the sim and the bell206 Heli (or anything else), and I right click "configure it" to activate the Gauge, I instruct it to install 2 pop-up windows both for the 530. (tried also 1 and different types)

4) the process installs successfully, and the aircraft refreshes and restarts.

5) In the top menu under "Cockpit views" I can now see the check-marks before the realityxp gauges, it shows "managed" for some reason (I do not know what that means).

6) when I check un-check these views, and/or use shift+7 (the window number allocated in panel.cfg), the screen flashes quickly - but no gauge nor window shows up.

I really need to get this going asap, as I was hired by an outfit to refurbish their sim, and I have been stuck at this point for a week now. lol.

I really appreciate any help please.

Cordially, Mark

Hi Mark,

Could you post the content of the RXP log files? (see user's manual for file/path).

It shows 'managed' to indicated the window was added in the panel.cfg with the GUI panel assistant.

Last but not least, which simulator/outfit is this? (you can PM me if you prefer for this one).

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

30 minutes ago, RXP said:

Hi Mark,

Could you post the content of the RXP log files? (see user's manual for file/path).

It shows 'managed' to indicated the window was added in the panel.cfg with the GUI panel assistant.

Last but not least, which simulator/outfit is this? (you can PM me if you prefer for this one).

Thank you so much JeanLuc for your prompt reply. I just PMd you. Mark.

On 4/16/2018 at 6:06 PM, RXP said:

Thank you so much JeanLuc for your prompt reply. I just PMd you. Mark.

Edited by mgovernali

Hey Guys, anybody know what happened to JeanLuc please. I sent him 2 PMs but he hasn't replied, and time is of the essence. JeanLuc, can you please tell me if you got my PMs? Thank you so much. Mark

Hi Mark,

He may be on vacation after last weekend's realises, or maybe a life event that demands his full attention or illness. I know it's frustrating when time is of the essence. In the meantime have you searched the forum for emuteq? I seem to recall another user had their emuteq issue resolved.

8 hours ago, mgovernali said:

Hey Guys, anybody know what happened to JeanLuc please. I sent him 2 PMs but he hasn't replied, and time is of the essence. JeanLuc, can you please tell me if you got my PMs? Thank you so much. Mark

Thank you so much Bill. I will do as you say and search the forums. I hope JeanLuc gets back soon and everything is ok with him. A kind thank you. Mark

I REALLY NEED TO HEAR BACK FROM JEANLUC!!!. JEANLUC, IF YOU READ THIS CAN YOU PLEASE CHECK YOUR PM. I AM WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY TO MOVE FORWARD. THANK YOU SO MUCH! MARK🙂

Typing all caps is a no no. It's considered shouting. Besides it's hard read.

Edited by Bills511

Sorry Bill. That was not was I wanted to do at all, no need to shout. Just some urgency. Sorry again. Thank you for reminding me. Mark

SUCCESS (ALMOST 90%)

Hello again friends and thank you for all the help you guys have given me. I haven't heard from JeanLuc in over a week, he must be busy with shows etc. in any case, I have great news to report but still having some last minute issues. So to bring you guys up to speed, I abandoned the idea of FS9 and switched to P3D-v4.2-64 works great and I was finally able to get the XPReality 530v2 GPS appear in the simulator. After many trial and errors that part is finally resolved. The issue which is keeping me back from declaring full victory is as follows:

I need the XP530 to work with a emuteq 530 hardware GPS. Undocking the gps there in NOT an issue, I can do so no problem. The issue is in configuring the hardware keys to the software Xp530. Specifically: The emuteq instructions calls for a 3 step setup. I must modify: 1)Fsuipc.ini, 2)rxpgns.ini, 3)panel.cfg.

The first (fsuipc) mod was a no brainer, I simply copied and pasted the lines supplied (by emuteq) into it. The problem was in finding the RXPgns.ini file, as the emuteq probably still has the the old location JeanLuc used before. I know this because searching older forums, JeanLuc indicated that that file was previously where emuteq said it was.

The I finally I found a realityxp.gns.ini in each plane's panel folder. (some success) and was even able to experiment with it by making the gps frame appear or not. But, upon reading the XP manual for the 4th time I realized that the "Keyboard shortcuts"  section Emuteq wants me to locate is located within another RealityXP.GNS.ini file located in C:MyDocuments/RealityXP/GNSSimilation/FltSim. The problem is that this ini file does not have a [Keyboard] section as emuteq suggests, and furthermore when I open this file in notepad at the very top it says the following: [SHORTCUTS] Keyboard shortcut section. Shortcuts must be configured in this INI filelocated at: "MyDocuments\flight Simulator Files" .

And this is I'm starting to pull my hair out, because when I do go there, there is no RXP....ini or entry of any sort, just a bunch of IFR and VFR flight plans.

So....... does this mean that I must add the keyboard section manually into the RealityXP.GNS.ini and then move/copy that file into the "MyDocuments\flight Simulator FIles" folder manually? In essence, Where do I paste the emuteq [KEYBOARD] Section into?

Im really stuck. Sorry for the confusion.

Any help is much appreciated.

SUCCESS! With the help of our Friend David Porrett The issues if fully resolved! Thank you everyone for your help. Mark